1.    #1  
    Just installed a new Seidio 2600 mAh battery into my 650. Much to my chagrin, the middle row of number keys locks up once the battery/back cover is reinstalled on the Treo. Take it off, the keys work normal. Have tried all the resets and when I put the original Treo battery back in, with the cover installed, everything works fine. I'm guessing that while that this battery does not require a different cover, it is slightly bigger than the original and the tight fit with cover must be causing some kind of the pressure internally which locks up that row of keys (4-5-6).

Anyone encounter this? I'm guessing I'll have to send the battery back and just get another standard Palm branded battery...or is there a trick to make this work?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pljpreston View Post
    Just installed a new Seidio 2600 mAh battery into my 650. Much to my chagrin, the middle row of number keys locks up once the battery/back cover is reinstalled on the Treo. Take it off, the keys work normal. Have tried all the resets and when I put the original Treo battery back in, with the cover installed, everything works fine. I'm guessing that while that this battery does not require a different cover, it is slightly bigger than the original and the tight fit with cover must be causing some kind of the pressure internally which locks up that row of keys (4-5-6).

Anyone encounter this? I'm guessing I'll have to send the battery back and just get another standard Palm branded battery...or is there a trick to make this work?
    You are correct. Are you using an aftermarket battery cover/housing?
    I'm guessing that while that this battery does not require a different cover, it is slightly bigger than the original and the tight fit with cover must be causing some kind of the pressure internally which locks up that row of keys (4-5-6).
    pljpreston,

Try this: take a piece of paper, fold it and try to match the thickness difference (about 4mm) between the original battery and the Seidio. Then close your back cover. If the keys lock, then you have your answer.

You can try to find an alternative cover on eBay, but I wouldn't count on it...

Look at this information found in the Seidio Web Site:

Batteries:

Seidio offers an extensive line of extended life batteries. They are made with Sanyo cells to ensure the safest and most reliable. A few of our batteries have already been CE, NAC, and UL certified by request. Any batteries that have not yet been certified can be specially requested to undergo the processes.

Seidio has batteries that are the same size as the OEM batteries, but have a larger capacity. Some of these OEM-sized extended batteries have up to 32% more capacity.
    Other Seidio extended batteries are larger than OEM batteries and has up to 183% more capacity; necessitating the complimentary battery covers (up to 4mm thicker) to accommodate the battery and the color of the device. These Extended Batteries provide longer talk and standby time, even with heavy data usage.

**Seidio provides a complete line of accessories to accommodate devices that use any Seidio Extended Battery, such as:

- INNO.Dock
    - Car Kits
    - Rubberized Hard Case
    - Crystal Hard Case
    - Hybrid Hard Case
    - Swivel Clip Holster (for cased device)
    - Swivel Clip Holster (for non cased device)
    - Multi-function Interchangeable Battery/Smartphone Charger
    The only cover that I was able to find on their Web Site was this one, which does not solve your problem. I don't understand how can they make a thicker battery and not a cover that allows you to use it!

See if you can switch the battery for the model with extended duration, but the same thickness of the original.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM

This is odd. The battery is a little tighter than the original, but you shouldn't be having any problems with your keyboard. Please call 832-204-1118 and ask for Kelvin. He can help you troubleshoot and get you taken care of.

Thanks,
    Hi again, pljpreston.

Look what I've just found:
    http://www.charlestondobermans.com/files/seidio.jpg
    Product Description
    Need more power from your battery? This BRAND NEW 3200mAH Extended Battery for your Treo 650 provides enough power to please any power-hungry Treo-talker!

This Extended Battery provides approximately 77% more power than the battery that initially ships with the Treo (1800mAH) and 33.3% more power than our popular 2400mAh Extended Battery. More so, our 3200mAh provides 10.7 hours in talk-time and 533 hours in standby-time!!

While we have packed a lot of power into one battery, this product only extends your Treo by 3mm! Plus, this battery is compatible with our popular Spring Clip Holster!

For those on the go without access to an external charging alternative, this is the answer. This battery will keep your Treo going throughout the day, even with very heavy phone and data usage.

With the purchase of this battery, you will receive a battery door to fit your new battery which also includes the Reset Hole. Please be aware that due the extra thickness, some cases and cradles will not function properly anymore
    Notes

* this battery/battery cover is only for the Treo Blue device used on Sprint Treo 650
    * with the extra added thickness, current Cases, Holsters and cradles might not fit anymore properly.
    LINK: http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?xProd=1068

seidioseidio, why didn't you mention that option? This back cover is manufactured by Seidio, or it is not?

Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by alexfreire View Post

seidioseidio, why didn't you mention that option? This back cover is manufactured by Seidio, or it is not?
    We do manufacture that door for the 3200mAh battery, but the battery he purchased doesn't require a door at all...he can use his original door.

Thanks,