1.    #1  
    hi all

are any of you running into this problem: when you have the centro on the charger and you receive a text, does your screen stay on? mine does. it's really annoying. i'd wake up and find that the screen has been on all night since it's received some texts while i was asleep. this can't be good! i've made sure my power settings have the screen turn off after 15 seconds but once it's on the charger, that rule won't apply itself anymore.

grr.
    Hey Shelly,

That would be annoying! I haven't received any text messages yet, but I'm willing to test it.

I'm charging, so text me!

Mell
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I am not experiencing this issue. Do you have the keylock option turned on? If I get a text message while charging it does light up the screen but it goes back off in the same amount of time as it would if I accidentally hit a key but didn't push the center button to unlock.

I should clarify, though, that I'm actually using a wall charger and not a dock. If you are using a dock and experiencing no turn off, seems like there must be a setting somewhere that tells it to stay on while in dock.
  4.    #4  
    no, my keylock is off. and i am using the wall charger.
    Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    no, my keylock is off. and i am using the wall charger.
    I think the keylock could have something to do with it. When I get a text it pops up, but the keylock message is also displayed. If I don't press the center button to turn it off, the screen turns back off.
  6.    #6  
    Is there a difference between the keylock and keyguard? Because I know for sure that the keyguard is off.
    Mine definitely has the KeyGUARD on. Sorry for using the wrong term.

With KeyGUARD on, if I don't push the center button within a few seconds of activating the screen, it turns back off. Even if I receive a text message.
  8. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I have not experienced the screen staying on while charging.
  9.    #9  
    Ok I guess mine has a bug then! =\
    Ok I guess mine has a bug then! =\
    I'm still wondering if you are experiencing issues because your KeyGUARD is turned off. Have you tried turning it on and then having someone text you to see what happens?
  11.    #11  
    I just turned the keyguard on and received a text (note that the Centro is charging). The screen hasn't turned off since...
    Well that definitely doesn't sound right then. Sounds like a visit to the store is in order.
    hi all

are any of you running into this problem: when you have the centro on the charger and you receive a text, does your screen stay on? mine does. it's really annoying. i'd wake up and find that the screen has been on all night since it's received some texts while i was asleep. this can't be good! i've made sure my power settings have the screen turn off after 15 seconds but once it's on the charger, that rule won't apply itself anymore.

grr.
    Many years ago, Palm's power preferences panel used to include an option called "Stay On In Cradle", which sounds suspiciously like what you are seeing -- once the device is on, it sees the power connection and just stays on.

That option has since disappeared but there are some apps / utilities which attempt to simulate it. Could it be that you have one of these installed and active? It may be an app or a user-installed preference panel. I know I had your problem once and finally realized that I had installed one of these things months before and had forgotten about it.

If you think this might be it, you could do a search here for "Stay On In Cradle" or "SOIC" to find references to potential culprit third-party applications.