1.    #1  
    Got a Centro last Wednesday... Came from the 700p.. before that 650, Samsung i500,i330 all the way back to the Pilot 1000. I'm a business user.

Anyway.. I really liked the Treo 650. The last year or so with the 700p has been such a disappointment. I expected the 700p to be the same as the 650 with EVDO and more memory. It was, but also more bugs and so slow. Even after patches..etc..

The Centro is the phone that the 700p and 755 should have been. Sheesh.. its small, light, and fast. Best of all.. it doesn't crash like my 700p.

I'm actually using Blazer and OnDemand a lot more now because of how much snappier it feels.

Battery life does seem a little bit less then the 700p, but I charge every night anyway (I was used to the Samsung i500).

Keyboard is smaller but doesn't seem to be much harder to use for me then the 700p.

Bluetooth is better on the Centro then the 650 or the 700p.

Blazer is fast. Connection is fast and retrieving data from the cache is faster.

PTunes deluxe is great. Slingplayer works better on the Centro then on my 700p. Now I just need to convince my wife to take my old 700p.

Did I mention that I really like this phone? and for $99 I got the newest version of ptunes and Docstogo (would have cost me $50 to upgrade)... bonus.. So I figure the phone really cost me $50.

Just wonder why they couldn't come out with this 2 years ago.
    Damn, there are simply becoming fewer and fewer reasons left for me NOT to upgrade to the centro from my 650.

The 800w is tempting but I'm not sure the centro's feature pack all for $99 can be beaten.

Bluetooth is better too, huh? No crackling or dropped connections?

I recall there being a question of whether or not it was bluetooth 1.2 or 2.0 on the centro. if its indeed 2.0, this might mean listening to mp3's through bt headsets too, no?
  3.    #3  
    Nah.. even if the chipset is 2.0. They didn't implement bluetooth stereo in the Centro. You'd have to get Softick Audio Gateway. Not sure how fully baked that software is these days.
    I ran SAG with no problems on my Centro with some stereo BT headsets -- Plantronics 855. Neat set-up, but I preferred the far superior sound of my Shure SE530's with PTunes and returned the 855's... guess my ears are spoiled.

http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P...dels/index.htm

And yeah, as a business user that also moved from the 700p to this, I'm loving my Centro more & more each day. Definitely what many of us have been waiting for Palm to develop (minus an OS overhaul).
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    Are the shures worth getting? Which model you have? I've used the earbuds with the iphone and with the treo. I saw these on the palm store http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family but don't know if they're worth getting which are "in ear" as well.
    Snip...
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    I ran SAG with no problems on my Centro with some stereo BT headsets -- Plantronics 855. Neat set-up, but I preferred the far superior sound of my Shure SE530's with PTunes and returned the 855's... guess my ears are spoiled.
    http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/P...dels/index.htm
    /snip

Wow those are some expensive headphones!!!
    Can't say i'll be spending more on earphones than the phone itself..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    Snip...
    /snip

Wow those are some expensive headphones!!!

Shures are worth the money. I have a set, love em.
    BOSE has a set that I'd love to listen on... I bet they sound great too.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event...nes_index&ck=0
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Skip the Bose. Had them. The rubber buds fall off. Using the cheapie Shure E2's I got. Work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Can't say i'll be spending more on earphones than the phone itself..lol
    Ha ha... yeah, at least I can say that I bought these long before I ever purchased a new phone.

But in any case, Shure's do bring a whole new level of clarity to the music -- makes the previous earpieces I was using sound like mud.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I second...or third the Shures. I've had two different sets, the $200 and the $300 and they are spectacular headphones. I've never used them with a Treo....just an ipod and computer, but the sound is simply wonderful. They put basically all other portable headphones to shame that I have heard and are well worth the money.

A secret to Shures is that my wife got my old cheaper pair when I got my better pair...and we both had to eventually send our headphones in for some out of warranty work (some cosmetic damage that was starting to affect the sound---normally they charge ~$70 for this), but for both of us we received completely new headphones in less than a week for free...that's something like 2-3 years after buying them.

Bose is marketing genius and sonic garbage. I wouldn't bother. They charge an arm and a leg for craptacular sound. Etymotics and Shure put their junk to shame for less/similar money.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Are the shures worth getting? Which model you have? I've used the earbuds with the iphone and with the treo. I saw these on the palm store http://store.palm.com/product/index....entPage=family but don't know if they're worth getting which are "in ear" as well.
    Shure's, Etymotics, and Ultimate Ears have often received top ratings... I was using UE's for my iPods, etc., up until the Shure SE530's came out, and then I made the switch. Do a search for reviews. You can't go wrong with any of these, but you'll find each person has their own preference for the 3 brands, based on sound (eg. extra bass) and & fit.

If you fly much, visit the inMotion Entertainment kiosks (if the airport has one), and you can try out all the Shure models, or even take a set for 30 days and try them out.
    Last edited by headcase; 10/29/2007 at 11:21 AM.
    I'm a 650 hanger-oner too. There just hasn't been enough reason to upgrade form this reliable phone. But the Centro at that price .. i'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to say no. Oh and about the price, the rebates and discounts are valid until Nov 3rd according to sprint.com, so if you're thinking about getting one, get one soon.

My only issues are
    -I really wanted a bigger screen, not a smaller one
    -Software compatibility. I have A LOT of software on my 650
    -8gig to 4gig SD card downgrade
  14. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bayareastank View Post
    I'm a 650 hanger-oner too. There just hasn't been enough reason to upgrade form this reliable phone. But the Centro at that price .. i'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to say no. Oh and about the price, the rebates and discounts are valid until Nov 3rd according to sprint.com, so if you're thinking about getting one, get one soon.

My only issues are
    -I really wanted a bigger screen, not a smaller one
    -Software compatibility. I have A LOT of software on my 650
    -8gig to 4gig SD card downgrade
    The screen resolution is the same. However it is smaller, so as you get older it might be an issue. I prefer the smaller screen as it's still legible and has the same number of pixels.

You can get an 8GB microSDHC card.