Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Just got my new Centro. Everything seems fine so far except for On Demand. It resets everytime I open the Sports channel. Anyone else have this problem, or any suggestions? Thanks.
    Wow...mine just did the same thing. I'm not a sports fan so I never would have run into this issue.

Do you have any third apps installed? I have a ton so for me to remove and add one by one to see if that's the issue would take forever.

Portfolio Tracking is returning an error, "Unkown account" or something to that effect.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I tried it before I installed any apps, so the problem is not due to software conflict.
    I have a problem updating my portfolio tracking. I get an error "Unknown account information (11111111). When updating sports, I get an error message, but a few seconds later it updates. On my 755p, I finally just removed the program as it seemed to cause other issues. I was hoping that there had been some updates to make the program more stable, but it appears that may not be the case.
    Legalbeagle
    No problems here. I went through and updated sports and then other channels and had no problem. I've used On Demand a view times and have not had a reset. In fact, I have not had any resets on my Centro. About 15 additional apps installed.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by mesplin@earthli View Post
    I have a problem updating my portfolio tracking. I get an error "Unknown account information (11111111). When updating sports, I get an error message, but a few seconds later it updates. On my 755p, I finally just removed the program as it seemed to cause other issues. I was hoping that there had been some updates to make the program more stable, but it appears that may not be the case.
    This is the same error I get in portfolio tracking but then it still doesn't update. And I have the reset when trying to update Sports.

UPDATE: The Portfolio Tracking is now working as expected.

However On Demand Sports still causes a reset.
    Last edited by French; 10/31/2007 at 08:01 AM.
    The first night I had my Centro I tried using OnDemand and after the first round of updates, it kicked me back out to the home screen. I went back in a few times and it just kept kicking me out after updating. I gave up. I tried it again a few days later and it worked fine. Still does. Odd.
    I got the reset when trying to update sports so I deleted it thinking something was scrogged and it would be corrected if I reinstalled. How do I get OD Sports back after deleting it? Since many of us are getting the reset problem, why don't they fix it?
    David
    Not sure if its related, but I experienced the same problem on my Sprint Treo 650 with the Sports channel of Handmark Express last night about 11:30PM as well. (Handmark Express is the original version of Sprint's OnDemand).

I just now tried to open the Sports app, and my Treo reset. Perhaps it was something corrupt on the server side that was downloaded in a bad update?

Hopefully my Centro won't have this problem when I get it in a few days.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I fixed the Sports channel. I noticed that it was resetting while trying to update "NCAAF" (college football), so I went into Filez and browsed through the On Demand files until I found one called something like "OD Sports-stashed NCAAF". I deleted the file (I felt comfortable doing this since I had a backup), and was then able to enter the Sports channel and update it successfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by procure View Post
    I fixed the Sports channel. I noticed that it was resetting while trying to update "NCAAF" (college football), so I went into Filez and browsed through the On Demand files until I found one called something like "OD Sports-stashed NCAAF". I deleted the file (I felt comfortable doing this since I had a backup), and was then able to enter the Sports channel and update it successfully.
    WOW! This was a very helpful post! Thank you.

I have also deleted it and no longer experiencing a reset, but since I'm not a big sports fan I wouldn't know what might not be updated.

I'm just glad my device isn't resetting any more. Thank you so much for this post!
    Last edited by French; 10/31/2007 at 09:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I have also deleted it and no longer experiencing a reset, but since I'm not a big sports fan I wouldn't know what might not be updated.
    As far as I can tell, nothing is missing. I can still see college football scores. It may have just been a corrupt temporary file or something.
    As far as I can tell, nothing is missing. I can still see college football scores. It may have just been a corrupt temporary file or something.
    Well great job!! This was an invaluable help/solution. It's just unsettling knowing something specifically will reset your device. Not any more!!
    Just got my new Centro. Everything seems fine so far except for On Demand. It resets everytime I open the Sports channel. Anyone else have this problem, or any suggestions? Thanks.
    Mine was doing the exact same thing... Seems this isn't an isolated incident now. I brought mine in to the store and they tried to download an update from Palm, but there's nothing available yet so they gave me a new phone.

If you do that, be sure to check the sports feature before you leave the store.

I was also having problems with the phone just resetting randomly. That's all fixed now with the new phone.
    Your fix prompted me to reinstall OD Sports from the "archive" folder on my desktop. I deleted OD Sports from the Centro and wondered how I was going to get it back. Forgot that deleted programs are stored in the archive folder. It created new data files during the update and works fine now without resetting palmos.
    David
    I was having problems with sports as well. I ended up backing up everything, doing a hard reset and reinstalled everything from my backup folder except On
    Demand. At that point my OnDemand was working like it was out of the box. A week later it started crashing again.

This time I tried procure's method and it worked like a charm. Just deleting that stashed NCAAF file worked perfectly for me.
    I've recently migrated over from a 700p (talk about an improvement!), and when I was opening/intalling On Demand for the first time on my Centro, I got some kind of error about the weather channel. Now, On Demand runs fine, but I'm missing the weather channel (probably the most useful one). This happened once or twice on my 700p, and was resolved by merely reinstalling the On Demand file that had to do with weather from my backup folder (or NVBackup). But since I just got the Centro, I don't have a backup file yet. Am I stuck with hard resetting and starting from scratch? Do you think I can install the On Demand weather file from my 700p backup folder, or is that asking for even more trouble?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvic51 View Post
    I've recently migrated over from a 700p (talk about an improvement!), and when I was opening/intalling On Demand for the first time on my Centro, I got some kind of error about the weather channel. Now, On Demand runs fine, but I'm missing the weather channel (probably the most useful one). This happened once or twice on my 700p, and was resolved by merely reinstalling the On Demand file that had to do with weather from my backup folder (or NVBackup). But since I just got the Centro, I don't have a backup file yet. Am I stuck with hard resetting and starting from scratch? Do you think I can install the On Demand weather file from my 700p backup folder, or is that asking for even more trouble?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    What you can do is Delete the On-Demand Ap's from the Application list, then Soft Reset. When you come back up you will see the Ap to install On-Demand.
    I did this a number of times on my 755p when I was debugging if On-Demand was causing a conflic with some of my other Ap's.

The Install Ap for On-Demand install is in Rom but once On-Demand is installed you don't see the original install AP.

Rich
    Thanks so much -- that did the trick!
    Quote Originally Posted by relgin View Post
    What you can do is Delete the On-Demand Ap's from the Application list, then Soft Reset. When you come back up you will see the Ap to install On-Demand.
    I did this a number of times on my 755p when I was debugging if On-Demand was causing a conflic with some of my other Ap's.

The Install Ap for On-Demand install is in Rom but once On-Demand is installed you don't see the original install AP.

Rich
    That didn't work for me. OnDemand is totally dead on my Centro. I've tried deleting -everything- associated with OnDemand, both from the Applications menu -and- by using FileZ to delete any files that sounded remotely related (those starting with "OD", "HX", etc.). After the OnDemand reinstallation completes it goes to a totally blank white screen and stays there. The same happens if you reset and try to run the newly installed OnDemand. It worked briefly when I first bought the Centro -- maybe a week or so -- but not since then. I didn't really find it that useful anyway (for example, I didn't like that it listed movies by title instead of by theatre, and I found cases where recent, mainstream movies were not listed at all). It's just annoying that it doesn't work for some reason!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast