1.    #1  
    Hi,

In pTunes under General Preferences: "Turn off screen while playing" when I check this option I got a information message "This option is not allow on this device"

is this normal?

TIA
    Last edited by treo3133; 10/28/2007 at 10:57 PM.
    Normal?

I got the same dialog with bundled 4.0.4 version. I installed PT Deluxe 3.1.7 and PT Deluxe 4.0.3 and it was the same with these two versions of PT in the RAM also.

But does the screen actually turn off after a bit?
    Yes it does.
  5.    #5  
    My screen never turn off I wonder if this is bug on my Centro.

BTW, my version of pTune is 4.0.3 (I got my Centro three weeks ago) is there an upgrade already? According to pTunes site 4.0.3 is the latest version.

This is my first smartphone and now I wonder how I ever lived without one in the past
    Quote Originally Posted by treo3133 View Post
    My screen never turn off I wonder if this is bug on my Centro.

BTW, my version of pTune is 4.0.3 (I got my Centro three weeks ago) is there an upgrade already? According to pTunes site 4.0.3 is the latest version.
    Bundled pTunes in the Centro is version 4.0.4.

All other PT deluxe versions, ie: 3.xx and 4.xx are for other phones. I installed PT 3.1.7 and PT 4.0.3 in the Centro RAM and the screen did not turn off.

Normsoft told me that they are working on a upgrade version for the Centro, which will address some issues some have with the bundled version.

But they did not say what changes will be made or when the new Centro version will be available.

See the link below.

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...=154678&page=2

7.    #7  
    ok, i think i did something stupid last week and loaded pTunes 4.0.3 over the version 4.0.4, any idea how I can recover version 4.0.4?
    Yes

Use a file manager like Filez or Resco Explorer and go into your Centro RAM and delete the pTunes 4.0.3 prc file from RAM.

Then soft reset. Your Centro will be back at bundled 4.0.4 and your screen will turn off at the selected time.

They STILL haven't fixed that problem ?!?! I'm running Ptunes v 2.3.2 on my 650 and it has the same issue. It's unbelievable that they haven't fixed that yet!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Yes

Use a file manager like Filez or Resco Explorer and go into your Centro RAM and delete the pTunes 4.0.3 prc file from RAM.

Then soft reset. Your Centro will be back at bundled 4.0.4 and your screen will turn off at the selected time.

Thanks, deleted pTunes 4.0.3 fixed the issue with screen off issue.

there was no issue w/ screen off w/ version 4.0.4