Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just as I hold the number 1 down to access voice mail, how do I assign numbers 2-9 to specific phone numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikrowave View Post
    Just as I hold the number 1 down to access voice mail, how do I assign numbers 2-9 to specific phone numbers?
    You can set them up by pressing down on the 5-way and set up each favorite. You can actually set up a speed dial for every button on the keypad. Problem is, remembering where you put what. I use this program and can set up 99 Speed Dial settings (#'s 2-99) plus it auto dials from your contacts by just dialing the last four numbers of a phone number. Here's the link. Great program.

http://www.lionscribe.com/speeddial.htm
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    you also have 5 pages of favorites on your phone screen. go into the menu and edit favorite pages. go to a blank, hit the palm button and create a speed dial. you can then assign a one touch key to dial it. I use it more for programs. Sudoku = S
    AOL = A
    and so on.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the heip.
    i have a question on this....

you can assign a 1 touch key, but how can you assign numbers like the voicemail? it wo'nt let me input numbers, only letters...which is annoying
    you have to hold down the button. for example, if you house is number 2, hold down the 2 for a few seconds and it will start to call that number.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    you have to hold down the button. for example, if you house is number 2, hold down the 2 for a few seconds and it will start to call that number.

that i do know...but how do you assign #2? when i go to assign the keys it only lets me do letters, not numbers. this is very annoying. i don't want my home speed dial to be letter F, i want it to be number 2.
    Why don't you use "R" (which is the same key as 2)? The only difference is what is shown on the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    Why don't you use "R" (which is the same key as 2)? The only difference is what is shown on the screen.
    annoyance factor. i just want numbers from my dial pad....not the letters.

hmm...i guess i'll figure it out. slowly and slowly i find myself wanting to go back to my motoQ....
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    annoyance factor. i just want numbers from my dial pad....not the letters.

hmm...i guess i'll figure it out. slowly and slowly i find myself wanting to go back to my motoQ....
    If that annoys you, you can always purchase the Speed Dial program I link to above. It will give you numbers 1-99 that you can assign, but it's $12.95. I love the program and think it's absolutely the best $12.95 I've ever spent on a treo. I don't know how it can be annoying to put 'R' as your speed dial, when it only shows down on your favorites and you're not accessing it that way anyway. That said, there are a lot of things that annoy me that shouldn't, so I understand a little I guess.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    ya, it just sucks because my MotoQ did 1-99 on it's own already and it would do it from any program you were in.

i guess that's the price i pay for having a smaller faster phone. that Q was a snail.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    ya, it just sucks because my MotoQ did 1-99 on it's own already and it would do it from any program you were in.

i guess that's the price i pay for having a smaller faster phone. that Q was a snail.
    yea the Q was REALLY slow and it seams like when the Windows Mobile OS does not have a touch screen it's really annoying to get to things.

Also is there any way to speed up the delay that you have to hold down the keys to launch the apps, my phone makes me hold the key down longer then i like
    If it's based on the repeat delay (which I'm not sure if it is), Butler has an option called Speedy Keys that lets you lower the key repeat delay.
    You can assign the number by using the following method:

1. Go to the "Favorite" tab;

2. Highlight the Item that you want to assign the key;

3. Press "Menu", then "Edit Favorite";

4. Move the cursor to "Quick Key:";

5. Press "Menu" the select "Keyboard";

6. Tape the number you want.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Wow! That has been driving me crazy for years. Thank you for the tip.
    Motorola StarTAC and Palm Vx => Treo 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700p => Treo 727.5 (thanks to kocoman)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    You can assign the number by using the following method:

1. Go to the "Favorite" tab;

2. Highlight the Item that you want to assign the key;

3. Press "Menu", then "Edit Favorite";

4. Move the cursor to "Quick Key:";

5. Press "Menu" the select "Keyboard";

6. Tape the number you want.
    when i following these instructions, any number i put but 1 doesn't work. all the letters work. it allows me to put a number as a speed dial put won't work when i hold it down. any ideas?
    does it work if you press the actual number (AKA the option key and then the number key)?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    no the only number it works on is the number 1. i can assign the rest of the numbers but none work on my phone.
    Hi

I tried it also and it didn't work so I went back to the old way.

George:
    I have a Treo Pro which only allows you to use the numbers for spped dial is there a app or a cab. file that allows you to use letters for the speed dial?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast