View Poll Results: Can a guy carry a red Centro?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a woman, and I think it's fine for a man to carry a red Centro.

9 10.59%
  • I'm a woman, and I think the red Centro's are for women only.

2 2.35%
  • I'm a man and I think it's fine for men to carry a red Centro.

48 56.47%
  • I'm a man, and you couldn't pay me to carry a red Centro.

26 30.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got black centro about a week ago. My wife is dying for a red one, and the more that I look at it, the more I like it. I'm considering using the 30-day return policy to exchange my black for a red.

But my wife says the red one is definitely only for women, so I'm here to get the general opinion of the group.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    eKennedy
    If you asked Can a guy get a pink one? Then I would have to post a smilie getting slapped. Ask your wife, when did red become a color only for women? I used to have a old Sanyo MM7400 with the red face plate, and I never got a wierd look.

I say go for the red Centro.

I'm a guy, and I plan on returning my black Centro and getting a red one when I can.
    I don't think the color of the phone makes it a "guy" or a "girl" phone.
    It's just a COLOR, geez.
  4.    #4  
    I think it's more a case of my wife just doesn't want me to get a red one, because she wants hers to be special, so she threw out the "it looks so feminine" card.

I just want to be able to show her these poll results to say "see, everyone else says it's fine".

eKennedy
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    One of my users (a straight husband and father) just asked for a red one. Why red instead of black. He spends hours in the car and says his cell phones inevitably end up beneath or between the seats. He figures red will make his phone easier to see and find.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
  6. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Im trading my black in for red, my brother is going to wait to see what the red looks like before he decides.

I kinda think that the pink is the only non-manly one
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I have a burgundy 755p and I love the color. I will be getting a black centro because I am not a red type of guy.

That aside red is fine for a guy. Go for it!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by eKennedy View Post
    I got black centro about a week ago. My wife is dying for a red one, and the more that I look at it, the more I like it. I'm considering using the 30-day return policy to exchange my black for a red.

But my wife says the red one is definitely only for women, so I'm here to get the general opinion of the group.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    eKennedy
    by the way, nice "earth, air, fire, water" avatar - compliments of "angels and demons", eh?
    If it has a slightly darker red with black accent, you can pretend its a Ferrari phone. As it stands its a chicks phone. Which its fine if you want to use one, but its a woman's phone.
    Definitely looks girly to me. To each his own though. If a guy wants to carry a phone that looks like a girl phone, more power to him.
    As a guy with a Crimson 680, you can guess how I feel about this topic. Never been embarrassed to show off my beee-u-tiful Treo.

It does look like your wife got in a vote here...
    Coming from a crimson 680 I can say if the red is more like the crimson on the 680 go for it. I always got compliments on my "red" phone. If the red is true to photos, it is too bright for my taste.
    "my, that's a pretty red phone you have there"

I can do without that..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by eKennedy View Post
    I'm considering using the 30-day return policy to exchange my black for a red.
    Anyone know if this will affect the rebate? I want to do the same thing but if it comes down to it, I'd rather have $100 back in my pocket than a red phone.

Guys can carry whatever color they want, but I did talk my 16y.o. son out of ordering a pink flip phone. It may be cool now but in 3 months you'll be tired of it and the teasing, I told him. He chose black.
    LOL, fun post!

I purchase colors for my hubby and he looks hawt in his pink, purple and red shirts. I don't think he would want a red phone, but if youre a red man, then go for it!

I agree, having a brighter colored phone makes it easier to find and maybe even more exciting to handle.

I plan to skin mines first chance I get.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    This is just my second post so I don't want to make waves but, I do think the red appeals to women and because of that its associated that way. Guys can have a red one but there's a footnote with it. Well it was nice to meet everyone here! Btw I've read every post on here and I think you guys are great! I'm looking forward to grab one this week with a sero if I can figure that out.
    A red phone is fine for anyone. Sheesh.

I agree that gadgets in colors other than black are easier to find, because the interiors of so many purses, briefcases, etc. are black. I just bought a travel satchel, and instead of black, it has a light blue interior lining. It makes things so much easier to see and find inside of it.
    It's not the color of the phone that matters...It's what you do with the phone that matters

Cheers
    I came from the Crimson 680 and always got made fun of for my red phone. I loved it, still do, but was getting tired of it. I am happy with the black centro also because it looks more professional and there hasn't really been a black treo before.
    My wife wants the red one because it matches her purse. Guess what my answer was?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast