Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I also have the issue with my Treo 680 GSM device, few applications, the auto clock set to 'nothing'. I also noticed a soft reset solve the issue for some time, and switching radio off give it a spin too.

hope for a rom update...
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiepalm View Post
    I have had this problem for months now. I have Prefs>Date & Time and set "Automatically set:" to "Nothing." (data charges are usurious here in Australia so everything must be off) and I have hard reset 4 or 5 times but I still have the problem. Much as it pains me, I am on the point of giving up on palm and going back to a pure phone as my 680 is unusable as a business phone when I get pauses of 5-10 secs in the middle of doing something.

I'm a new Treo 680 user and this comment has me wondering now. Do I use up my internet plan time every time the Treo updates the time ? If so I'm turning it off because I have a limited plan and don't want it to slowly eat away my time.

Thanks,

Carlos
    Last edited by Pilot135pd; 11/05/2007 at 02:26 AM. Reason: syntaxis
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot135pd View Post
    I'm a new Treo 680 user and this comment has me wondering now. Do I use up my internet plan time every time the Treo updates the time ? If so I'm turning it off because I have a limited plan and don't want it to slowly eat away my time.

Thanks,

Carlos
    Hey Carlos

If you turn on the network option under Prefs>Date&Time then I'm pretty sure it does not use your data plan. It uses the time signal embedded in the normal interaction your phone has with the local cell tower.

There are programs which sync with a network time server. For instance, netClock is a small freeware program which does just that. This capability is also embedded into many other free and non-free applications, such as the excellent freeware backup utility, NVBackup. Although these programs do use your data plan, the hit is extremely tiny. My data monitor has never shown even a 1K hit when I've used netClock, for example.

If you Hotsync regularly, a better solution might be to sync your Palm's clock with your PC's clock during Hotsync. Windows allows you to sync your PC to a network time signal on a regular basis, so this is a pretty good solution. For this I use the excellent freeware TimeCopy. It has been running on my Palms for years, back to my days of the m515 at least. One nice thing about this program is that it allows you to see statistics on how well your Palm's clock is doing and the adjustments the program has had to make to compensate for drift:

Cheers,
    Patrick
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12