Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    http://community.seven.com/forum/main.php

For Sprint Customers you can download for free at sprint mobile email. http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=14500

Awesome program I love it!! Personally I'd squash that google mail prc, nothing against it, theres no need after using this program...
    What beta build are you using?
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lifes2short View Post
    What beta build are you using?

I downloaded it directly from the sprint mobile email site. This was originally developed for the centro but they have compatable version for certain sprint and nextel phones.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if it can download attachments or if u can view attached picture jpg?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    Does anyone know if it can download attachments or if u can view attached picture jpg?

Thanks
    Yes it can
    True Push Email???
    I thought this service sends you a text msg if you have an email. You still have to retrieve it.

It that right?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    I downloaded it, and set-up was very simple-- easy set-up I've ever had. But, I've enabled Push email, yet it doesn't alert me to any messages I've received. Any tricks to getting the push email working?
    Well, it seems to "push" the email about every 10 minutes. Ughh... what's the point of that.

Other nitpicks-- it only keeps the 25 most recent messages in my inbox.

Attachments don't work, at least no prc files.

I can only get the first 3K (!!!!) of messages, which can be quite limiting.

It lets me sync my Yahoo! contacts to Palm, but... there's no way to know which are on only Yahoo!, so this feature becomes impractical to use.

So, while it looks very slick, the the "push" email is ineffective, some attachments don't work, it deletes my old email unless I want to download everything on the server first, doesn't download enough of each email, and the nice additional features don't work that well.
    Another downside, it doesn't seem to create a standard alert reachable through holding down the center button or clicking on the alarm bell thinga-ma-jig. The options are:

1) Ring and/or vibrate: nice, but if you aren't paying attention, you'd never know by looking at your phone.

2) Flashing LED-- seizure inducing, but at least it's unique. Yikes. Double the flashing rate of other alerts. Doesn't stop flashing until you open the appropriate inbox. It does seem to work quicker with gmail, but the "push" is still averaging 2 minutes. Not exactly Blackberry-like.
    Ok, another annoyance for me, which may lead to me having to delete this decent application.

Every time the Treo resets, Sprint Mail decides in its infinite wisdom that it MUST be assigned to the "Mail" hard button, overriding my preferred setting in 2 or 3 different places. WTF is wrong with these people? The Yahoo! Mail app a couple years ago had the same issue, and that led me to delete it as it just got too damn annoying despite some fine benefits. Is there a place to report bugs with this app?

I'm really of two minds of this application. If it essentially works to push my Gmail with less than a 1 minute delay, that's really cool. But the preponderance of little problems with it make me really wary.
    Another odd thing about it; the icon for the app shows in the native app page, but it doesn't appear in Launcher X. I hate the remapping as well, although there is a button control telling it not to map, but I don't know what happens if it resets. Main problem for me is that it doesn't do Exchange, which is a dealbreaker. Chatter will do it all, and with Qsync it isn't that much different than push.
    Last edited by davidra; 10/28/2007 at 08:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I got mine to work with Exchange.. Just setup with a Other IMAP as profile and pointed to the owa ip. works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerome View Post
    Ok, another annoyance for me, which may lead to me having to delete this decent application.

Every time the Treo resets, Sprint Mail decides in its infinite wisdom that it MUST be assigned to the "Mail" hard button, overriding my preferred setting in 2 or 3 different places. WTF is wrong with these people? The Yahoo! Mail app a couple years ago had the same issue, and that led me to delete it as it just got too damn annoying despite some fine benefits. Is there a place to report bugs with this app?

I'm really of two minds of this application. If it essentially works to push my Gmail with less than a 1 minute delay, that's really cool. But the preponderance of little problems with it make me really wary.
    The thing over-rides my Hard Messages button, quite annoying. I'm used to retrieving my text msgs using that button but instead it takes me to the email. Oh well other ways arround it but annoying nonetheless...
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Here is video explaining the program:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...27940786&hl=en
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinDC View Post
    I got mine to work with Exchange.. Just setup with a Other IMAP as profile and pointed to the owa ip. works like a charm.
    I can't get it to connect to the server....did you use SSL? What SMTP server addy did you use? Chatter doesn't even require one for Exchange. And not sure what you mean pointing it to OWA IP....our Exchange server name is the server name with "webmail." in front of it....
    Last edited by davidra; 10/28/2007 at 09:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    I can't get it to connect to the server....did you use SSL? What SMTP server addy did you use? Chatter doesn't even require one for Exchange. And not sure what you mean pointing it to OWA IP....our Exchange server name is the server name with "webmail." in front of it....

ping that url and use the ip as the server name.
    Tried it; still get an "Error S7122: cannot connect to the server" message....would like to get it set up, but I doubt it would take the place of Chatter; the summary screen, that shows each message from all clients by pushing one button, is worth the cost of any program.
    Last edited by davidra; 10/28/2007 at 10:39 AM.
    For whatever reason, push email seems to be working with Yahoo! today. I'm getting messages within 1 minute. They need to provide a standard alert, though. The current options are poor.

Might be worth keeping after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinDC View Post
    Justin, if you can give me any other settings you used for Outlook Exchange I'd appreciate it. We have a very secure server and rigid IT Nazis, but if I can get to it with Chatter, I should be able to get to it with this app....

By the way, I just noticed that the page I used to download the app is now blank on the Sprint site. I also noticed that it updated itself when queried, so there is a newer version....but I still can't get on Exchange.
    Last edited by davidra; 10/29/2007 at 08:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    only settings I'm using is Use SMTP Authentication for outgoing.. no SSL for incoming / outgoing. not sure why it wouldn't work with yours. I think we're running vs 2003 exchange
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast