Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    it's killing my battery!
    When you have constant data connection of course it will drain the battery...
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinDC View Post
    only settings I'm using is Use SMTP Authentication for outgoing.. no SSL for incoming / outgoing. not sure why it wouldn't work with yours. I think we're running vs 2003 exchange
    I'm really mystified. I'm assuming you definitely mean an Exchange server, not just Outlook? The reason I ask is that here is a statement by a site administrator that works for Seven, the company that makes Mobile eMail. This was his statement yesterday when asked if there would be replacement enterprise solution for the 755:

Well, that depends. For your use case, no, not that I'm aware of (but I don't have the time or the desire to keep up to date with every mobile email solution out there). For just getting push mail on a 755p, you can use Sprint Mobile Email for the time being. You won't be able to get work email with it just yet, but Gmail, Yahoo, AOL/AIM, and custom POP/IMAP works.

Anyway, I'm sure it's something simple and I'll keep playing with it. What SMTP address structure did you use?

By the way, I just noticed that the page I used to download the app is now blank on the Sprint site. I also noticed that it updated itself when queried, so there is a newer version....but I still can't get on Exchange.
    Last edited by davidra; 10/29/2007 at 08:22 AM.
    OK....this is a bit more clear now. Not sure what Justin is seeing, but the current version of Sprint Mobile Email does only ISP mail clients. It will be available for Exchange at some point, but is not now:

http://community.seven.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20

This comment is in regard to the video linked above:

Oh, OK. That's Scott Boehmer, and yes, he is a high-level SEVEN employee in the sales organization. (I saw him staring back at me, but it didn't register that it was a video; I thought it was a still picture!)

I'll try and clear up the confusion. Scott's discussion with the person that shot the video starts out about the Sprint Mobile Email product, which is currently only available for ISP accounts. When he turns his device and the camera zooms in, notice that it's not actually Sprint Mobile Email; it's SEVEN. He's running the non-branded version of the product on his device, which is what I've had to address a couple of times when people have asked about it at http://beta.seven.com. It's the old beta version, which we are still running for legacy beta testers and internal users (including Scott). But we're not accepting new users in that beta program because we don't have the resources to support it in any meaningful way anymore.

So, bottom line -- nothing has changed. Sprint Mobile Email is still the only Palm version available for Sprint customers that will run on the 755p and the Centro. It only supports ISP accounts. There will be a "work" version of it coming to replace Business Connection, which will look very similar to what you saw on Scott's device, and will run on the 755p and the Centro. And the Palm client for this beta program is still not ready yet, but we're working on it, and I'll post an update when I can with more information.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Paul Brown
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    SEVEN Networks, Inc.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    OK....this is a bit more clear now. Not sure what Justin is seeing, but the current version of Sprint Mobile Email does only ISP mail clients. It will be available for Exchange at some point, but is not now:

http://community.seven.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20

This comment is in regard to the video linked above:

Oh, OK. That's Scott Boehmer, and yes, he is a high-level SEVEN employee in the sales organization. (I saw him staring back at me, but it didn't register that it was a video; I thought it was a still picture!)

I'll try and clear up the confusion. Scott's discussion with the person that shot the video starts out about the Sprint Mobile Email product, which is currently only available for ISP accounts. When he turns his device and the camera zooms in, notice that it's not actually Sprint Mobile Email; it's SEVEN. He's running the non-branded version of the product on his device, which is what I've had to address a couple of times when people have asked about it at http://beta.seven.com. It's the old beta version, which we are still running for legacy beta testers and internal users (including Scott). But we're not accepting new users in that beta program because we don't have the resources to support it in any meaningful way anymore.

So, bottom line -- nothing has changed. Sprint Mobile Email is still the only Palm version available for Sprint customers that will run on the 755p and the Centro. It only supports ISP accounts. There will be a "work" version of it coming to replace Business Connection, which will look very similar to what you saw on Scott's device, and will run on the 755p and the Centro. And the Palm client for this beta program is still not ready yet, but we're working on it, and I'll post an update when I can with more information.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Paul Brown
    Senior Technical Support Engineer
    SEVEN Networks, Inc.
    Ok help me understand. They will soon have exchang available, but for only 755P and Centro? So 700P will not be included?
    No, the 700P is included in the list. He was just responding to a 755 user. I have no idea when it will be ready, and I hope it will still be free when it accesses Exchange. My IT people wouldn't approve it, I'm sure, because they only support Versamail and have it password protected...but Chatter is a good way around it. If I can get push for Gmail and Yahoo as well as for Exchange, I'll probably switch to the Seven product when it does the whole ball of wax. If I didn't need Exchange, the product now works fine for ISP mail.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Does Seven keep a constant data connection or does an SMS message tell it to check for new mail?

The docs are not available online, its a bad link to a pdf.
    I don't know the mechanics, and I think they might have pulled the app. I "paid" for it from the Sprint website (it was actually free, but you had to "buy" it) and that is now gone.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    My phone vibrates when I get a new email, and it automatically connects to the data. I'm able to open up files and links perfectly fine.
    Yes, it works for me too on Yahoo and Gmail. If anyone wants it, they can try here:

https://manage.sprintpcs.com/Manage/...78405#7_0_50NJ

Crap....the link is too long. If you can access it, try cutting and pasting it. Or go to the Digital Lounge and search for mobile email.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    hmm.. ISP only? not sure what that means.. I've got it hooked up to 3 of my personaly IMAP accounts right now as well as my Exchange account in IMAP mode.

my only beef is the new email alert.. beeps on every email, new / old. I'd rather it only beep on new. =(

I'm on a 755p btw
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    True Push Email???
    I thought this service sends you a text msg if you have an email. You still have to retrieve it.

It that right?

TIA
    Bump
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Justin, I was wrong. This is the real explanation, right from the horse's mouth:

"Most likely your Exchange administrator simply doesn't allow IMAP access to your server.

The current release of Sprint Mobile Email supports POP and IMAP accounts. That usually implies a personal email account, but it can also be a work account such as Exchange, Domino, etc. -- if the admin allows it./ Some do; most don't.

When we refer to "work email" we usually mean native access, not IMAP. In our world, that means a desktop connector such as with Sprint Business Connection Personal Edition or the Workgroup Edition for this beta release, or a server-based access, like OWA.

Hope that helps."

I have no doubt my people don't allow IMAP; that explains the difference.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    heh.. damn corp america! well I've tried to connect via versa mail to an imap with the same settings and it failed.. so something in the app is doing something.. it's not the best. but a great start.

If only palm would allow versamail active sync to just sync email and not contacts, I'd use that. ah well =)
    Deletes mail from server with no option not to. Nicer looking than VM which I only use for POP accounts. I probably misunderstood, but can it really push mail from POP or do you need IMAP? For now, it's deleted due to the lack of leaving messages on server option.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Push isn't working too well today. Some email has been delayed by an hour or more.
    BTW, it doesn't do html mail either. Hope it matures into a decent replacement for versamail. For now, VM does my POP mail to my satisfaction.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Deletes mail from server with no option not to.
    Is this for POP3 or IMAP?
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Is this for POP3 or IMAP?

It doesn't delete my mail from the server for GMail or Yahoo!
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    It doesnt delete my gmail or yahoo mail unless I hit delete.
    I can't get the link to work. It sends a message but the llink does not go where it should. Can anyone post the prc directly? I have called Sprint several times with no lluck.

Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Yes, it works for me too on Yahoo and Gmail. If anyone wants it, they can try here:

https://manage.sprintpcs.com/Manage/...78405#7_0_50NJ

Crap....the link is too long. If you can access it, try cutting and pasting it. Or go to the Digital Lounge and search for mobile email.
    Laissez Faire
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast