Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    New From Seidio!

Introducing Seidio’s Rubberized Unskinned Holster for Treo Centro!

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ntro_email.jpg

The Rubberized Spring Clip Holster is the ultimate in sleek, stylish, low-profile design for easy one-handed access to your device. Our unique clip holds your device in place while its lift-up design prevents scratches when taking in and out of the holster. The rubberized material is durable and will help prevent scratches on your device. This model is specifically designed for an Unskinned phone- one that does not have a case on.

Features:
    • Built of strong Polycarbonate to ensure durability
    • Our most durable belt clip design yet
    • Face in design to protect the screen while in the holster
    • Rubberized coating and soft felt lining helps prevent scratches
    • Designed specifically for the Centro for a secure and stylish fit
    • Unique spring clip design provides the ability to slip your Centro in and out of the holster with one hand
    • Spring clip is lifted as opposed to being dragged helping maintain tension over time and prevent scratches
    • Locking swivel belt clip with seven rotating angles allows for perfect positioning while sitting or standing
    • Maintains access to all ports
    • Slim, lightweight low-profile design

*Note: This holster is ONLY for an UN-Skinned Centro (without a case on)
    I started to put in an order, but I live in Hawaii and it looks like my least expensive shipping method during checkout is $17.

Are there any other shipping methods available for me that are more reasonably priced?

Thanks
    Will you be releasing a stand-alone battery charger or a cradle with a battery slot?

I presume you are also working on a battery--any ETA.

Thanks.
    -------Current Devices--------
    Nextel: Motorola i930, i880
    Sprint: AirPrime CDMA PCMCIA, Samsung A900M, M610, Sanyo 8400, DLX
    Cingular: SE S710a, Treo 650 Unlocked, 3125 "Startrek", Blackjack, Sync
    Verizon: Samsung SCH-i730 WM PPC, Treo 700w WM5 PPC, Sierra EVDO PCMCIA, Black Q

BT headsets: Jabra BT110, 500, JX10 II, 350V; Motorola H700, H300, H605; Palm Treo; Plantronics Voyger 510, 640e, 650e; BlueAnt X3 Micro

A2DP: Mot S9, HS820; Jabra BT8010
    Quote Originally Posted by eKennedy View Post
    I started to put in an order, but I live in Hawaii and it looks like my least expensive shipping method during checkout is $17.

Are there any other shipping methods available for me that are more reasonably priced?
    You can afford to live in Hawaii but you complain about a $17 shipping charge?
    Has anyone tried this yet?
    I went ahead and bit the bullet and put in an order for one. I also got a cradle, so the combined shipping wasn't as bad when considered on a per-item basis.

It's supposed to be delivered on the 25th, so I'll post my thoughts on it then, if no one else does first.

eKennedy
    Yes, I got the Seidio rubberized holster and I think it's great. It's a face in design, although you could put the Centro face out, the top clip doesn't seat properly unless you force it.

Some people would've preferred that the Centro could be attached face in or face out. The iPhone version allows both ways and it doesn't look like it would've taken much more effort to tweak the design to allow the Centro to be face in or face out. Face out would allow you to use the phone without removing the holster but you would sacrifice protection for that method.

At this early stage, I give it 5 out of 5 stars.
    Thanks for the quick reply. One more question, is it easy to get in and out or does it take some fumbling?
    Quote Originally Posted by p1445 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. One more question, is it easy to get in and out or does it take some fumbling?
    Very easy. You just lift the clip on the top and remove/install the Centro. You can do it one handed but at the same time, the phone is very secure in the holster. I have no worries about it "falling out."

Interestingly enough, I'm not really using it to clip on my belt/pants. I put the whole thing in my pocket. Another method I use is to clip it to the pocket so that the phone is inside the pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by eKennedy View Post
    It's supposed to be delivered on the 25th, so I'll post my thoughts on it then, if no one else does first.
    The 25th? of November? What, are they shipping it by rowboat?
    shameless plug, but I'm working on proclip to make a facing out holster.

I did almost order this, but if a small light holster like this doesn't qualify for their cheapest shipping, no thanks. And now that I know the screen is the same size as the Pearl, it's DealExtreme for the screen protector. Don't mind the wait.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    just fyi since the post above was edited....shipping for the holster with screen protectors was $8. It's about as minimal as it can get for weight and size so I don't see why the increase in shipping over the holster alone.

And I do have my own thread on a hopeful face out holster. I do like the Seidio holster and have always been a fan of holsters, but I think they make more sense to be playthrough. You can't even tell who's calling unless you take it out of the holster which somewhat defeats the purpose of not putting it in a pouch type case. You can't even see the LED which doesn't do a thing to alert you anyway. So I'm just talking about options which isn't a bad thing. Maybe Seidio will make one that faces out. Who knows.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    ....shipping for the holster with screen protectors was $8.
    I apologize for any confusion. Shipping a holtser to the continental US is $4.95. Our shipping rates are not based on exact weight, but on the amount of purchase. Here is a shipping chart:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...n=Custom&ID=19

Adding your screen protector put you into the next column which is $6.95.

Sorry,
  14.    #14  
    Seidio holster is a face in design to protect the screen while it is in the holster.
    understand the concept. that's what screen protectors are for. figure a protector on top of theirs and you should be pretty good. an option with the face out design is you don't have to pull it off the holster to see who calls or texts all the time. Could just tilt it from the bottom, glance down, and decide what to do. Even if you have a BT headset you have to take it out of the holster to see who's calling unless everyone has their own ringtone. I just think the whole "protection" thing becomes overkill. Still might end up ordering one until there are more options. The holster is definitely more convenient than pouch cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Seidio holster is a face in design to protect the screen while it is in the holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    understand the concept. that's what screen protectors are for. figure a protector on top of theirs and you should be pretty good. an option with the face out design is you don't have to pull it off the holster to see who calls or texts all the time.
    I mean this is all coming down to personal preference and I can see how someone would want it one way, but a screen protector won't help you if you bump into a corner, which is why I like it faced in.

As far as seeing who's calling, it seems odd to have to hunch over, tip my phone up and try to reverse read it. I might as well just give everyone their own ringtone and save myself the trouble--which is exactly what I do using that IBM voice service. It's even better if my phone is in the other room as I can just audibly tell if I should answer it.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    it is all preference. that's why you have options. unfortunately there are not options yet on the centro. And ringtones don't help when you're in vibrate mode. Why would you have to hunch over to look down at your belt while tilting the phone up? That seems odd. I just look down.

and I have insurance for that 1 in 500 chance of hitting a corner at the right height that would actually crack my screen. I'll take that chance for the playthrough ability of always keeping it in the holster.
    Well now it looks like I'd get a skin, screen protector and holster combo rather than the silicone case with clip. I realize the preference of facing in and out and how some people are waist challenged or something and not able to easily read the screen. I think it has more to do with how far back on the belt people wear it.

One thing I realized, not sure if others have is how with the phone facing in you grab it and read the screen. With phones facing outside you'd have to turn the phone around or do something with your hand in order to read the screen. I think I'm an outside guy but haven't tried it enough, heck I don't even have the Centro yet! The other issue is a bigger battery that might not fit on an outside holster.
    I got my holster today. (I don't know why I said the 25th in my other post.)

So far I really like it, but I haven't yet figured out an easy way to get it out one-handed.

For now, I've taken to wearing it upside down, clipped on my belt from the bottom up. In that position, with the spring clip on the bottom, it feels a lot like the ProClip for my 650 that also released from the bottom.

It also has the advantage of the fact that when I grab the phone, it's already properly oriented in my hand to hold up to my ear.

It won't work when you're clipping the holster to a waistband or pocket, but when used with a belt, it really feels like it was designed to be used with the spring clip on the bottom.

I'm considering shaving off the piece that prevents the swivel from flipping more than 90 degrees, so that I can use it that way with my belt-less pants, but I'm hesitant to mess with it.

I really like it that way, so I probably will give it a try.

eKennedy
    How is the vibrate strength while using this holster? I ask because I notice that the front of the Centro is offset inside the clip a few mm.

Also, does this offsetting of the front (presumably to protect the front and prevent button presses) make the holster considerably thicker?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast