Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. estroh's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
       #1  
    Anyone compare Chatteremail, Snappermail, and Sprint Email Application to see which they like better?

    I'm frustrated waiting for updates with Snappermail.
  2. #2  
    I have both Chatter & Snapper. Chatter is far most the best, I only have Snapper in case/back up. Seems as if Snapper's update will not be here at all. They have been claiming they would have one along time ago, & nothing. Chatter has come a long way & has proven to be the BEST email app on a TREO, at least for me.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  3. evandena's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #3  
    Gmail + IMAP (with IDLE) sealed the deal for chatter.
    I am on the trial right now, but I'm hesitant to purchase. It's hard for me to pay full retail for a product that is at its end of life.
  4. #4  
    I'm having problems getting my Chatter to not be syncing consistantly ... I lost over 40% of my battery in about 4 hours or so because of it. But, I can't find the setting to change how often it checks! Any tips guys?
    ASUS A8Jp XBOX360 Elite NDS Lite & R4DS Kodak Z712 IS Creative ZEN 8GB Palm Centro

    Current MP Games: Team Fortress 2 (PC), Halo 3 (360)

  5. #5  
    Sprint email rules.
    Matty
  6. Pulster's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    #6  
    @dreadpiratedoug

    Edit Mailbox, go to Deliver tab. Tick QSync box and put in how often you want it to do this sync of mail.
  7. schmidtj's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    I'm having problems getting my Chatter to not be syncing consistantly ... I lost over 40% of my battery in about 4 hours or so because of it. But, I can't find the setting to change how often it checks! Any tips guys?
    I purchased it and liked it BUT there is some incompatability with it and either my Sprint 700p or its replacement 755p or my Powervision profile on Sprint but with Chatter installed my phone gets locked into some deathgrip with a Powervision provisioning application. The screen is locked on and battery drains dead in about an hour. With Chatter out of the mix (uninstalled) this does not happen. Unfortunately a report to Chatter support resulted in little more than the electronic version of shrugging of shoulders. I'm (begrudgingly) back on Versamail and it is doing the job sans IMAP IDLE push. I really wish some developer would produce a reliable alternative to Versamail that does IMAP IDLE and does not cause my phone to have problems.
    Maybe Versamail would be updated to support IMAP IDLE? Not holding my breath. BUT since the author of Chatteremail is now a Palm employee anything "could" happen.
  8. #8  
    Chattermail seems to be at a disadvantage because we all know the next gen treos are going to have chattermail (i believe Palm bought the company already for this purpose)... so it may be wiser to wait for the next treos instead of buying it now.
  9. #9  
    ChatterEmail isn't likely to be delivered in ROM on a Treo, for what it's worth.

    Marc
  10. mlarsen23's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #10  
    Chattermail may not be on ROM, but I've got to believe that the next gen Palm OS will have an email program that offers all of the features that Chattermail has, and then some. If not, Palm really is doomed.
  11. morrie's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    #11  
    i have had snappermail since it's inception and i am very happy with it.
    morris stalk
  12. #12  
    Chatteremail is built to run on Palm's current operating system. And we all know . . . and hope . . . Palm is moving away from that operating system to a totally new one. And Chatteremail most likely won't run on the next generation.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by evandena View Post
    Gmail + IMAP (with IDLE) sealed the deal for chatter.
    I am on the trial right now, but I'm hesitant to purchase. It's hard for me to pay full retail for a product that is at its end of life.
    Actually, that's kind of amusing, because PalmOS is at the end of it's life. Increasingly, reviewers are recognizing this and there has already been a trend for developers to sunset their activities for PalmOS products. It's happening slowly but surely. I've been a longtime use of Chatter and don't see the lack of new releases as a problem. It is actually a fairly mature product.

    I just wish Palm would push and get their Linux about soon...
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlarsen23 View Post
    Chattermail may not be on ROM, but I've got to believe that the next gen Palm OS will have an email program that offers all of the features that Chattermail has, and then some. If not, Palm really is doomed.
    Palm may well be doomed, but email's not going to make the difference. Palm has bigger problems than that. And even if whatever email client they do deliver on Linux isn't Chatter, as long as it doesn't suck quite so bad as Versamail then the investment in Chatter would have been well worth it.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadpiratedoug View Post
    I'm having problems getting my Chatter to not be syncing consistantly ... I lost over 40% of my battery in about 4 hours or so because of it. But, I can't find the setting to change how often it checks! Any tips guys?
    Go into EDIT MAILBOX, DELIVER and put a check at the bottom of the screen where it says OFFLINE and it will give you an option as to when you want to sync. I keep Chatter running full time to utilize push and its not that hard on my battery.
    at&t iPhone3G
  16. dpc
    dpc is offline
    dpc's Avatar
    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #16  
    I've been playing with the demo for chattermail, and i dig it so far, it seems to have everything i'm looking for, but does anyone know if quicksync automatically syncs all your mail boxes at the same time, or just the one you're currently in?

    Also, is there like an online manual?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    I've been playing with the demo for chattermail, and i dig it so far, it seems to have everything i'm looking for, but does anyone know if quicksync automatically syncs all your mail boxes at the same time, or just the one you're currently in?

    Also, is there like an online manual?
    There is an option to Quicksync all mailboxes (menu, Sys, QuickSync All).

    Here's the link to the PDF version of the manual, http://www.palm.com/us/software/chat...mailManual.pdf, I don't think therre is an online version.
  18. dpc
    dpc is offline
    dpc's Avatar
    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    There is an option to Quicksync all mailboxes (menu, Sys, QuickSync All).

    Here's the link to the PDF version of the manual, http://www.palm.com/us/software/chat...mailManual.pdf, I don't think therre is an online version.
    Thanks for the info MarkY
  19. Rob_T's Avatar
    Posts
    328 Posts
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    #19  
    Sorry in advance for the dumb question, but how/where do you download the Sprint email client?
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    Sorry in advance for the dumb question, but how/where do you download the Sprint email client?
    I figured it our in the middle of last night when I was supposed to be sleeping.
    Using the Treo, went to the Sprint PowerVision site then, the download applications section and searched for email. The Sprint free e-mail came up as an option. It is big though but seems to offer push e-mail for any account - I hope to test that later today.
    Brian
    Will it be worth sticking to HP Web OS? I hope so but need to see the right hardware and software.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions