Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre Booth Guy View Post
    Using the Treo, went to the Sprint PowerVision site then, the download applications section and searched for email. The Sprint free e-mail came up as an option. It is big though but seems to offer push e-mail for any account - I hope to test that later today.
    It worked well enough for me except that the battery life decreased by roughly a third. It also has rather basic features.
    For me, so far so good. Yup, it is really basic but does work as a "push" e-mail which is far more convient than I'd imagined. Lucky or not, on my Sprint 755P, the battery life seems to have not changed at all - although, I'm a heavy user of the internet and charge daily. I'd like to spend more time with Chatter but, there is the issue of free vs not free. What would the advantages of Chatter be?
    Brian
    Will it be worth sticking to HP Web OS? I hope so but need to see the right hardware and software.
    I'm a long-time Chatter user and appreciate the fact that it can handle pretty much anything I need to do email-wise. It's also handy that it (as well as Snapper) do push email without need for PC-based redirector programs, as some carrier-provided solutions use (not sure about Sprint). But answering a question like this is not a general matter... it really does depend a great deal on what your email needs are. To whit, some people love VersaMail. For me, I'd go insane if I was forced to use that -- it'd probably push me to the WM dark side.

Some will also point out that Chatter has gone mature, and they wouldn't be wrong. Palm does still sell and support it... but the days of regular releases are past. Mind you, it's still damn solid and feature-rich. I feel like those VersaChat (IM client) users who cling to it for dear life even though there are other more lively developed products out... like Chatter, it's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    ChatterEmail isn't likely to be delivered in ROM on a Treo, for what it's worth.

Marc

Then why did Palm buy it then? So they are still going to be using Versamail on their next gen products? So they just got your services Marc and not Chattermail?

Been using the trial version also... it seems to be causing random resets on my phone, especially when used in conjunction with an IM client (Mundu in my case) and sometimes when i browse thru Blazer while its running in the background, it causes resets.

Anyone else having any problems?
    I don't think we are likely to know what Palm's motivation was for buying Chattermail as that is between Marc and Palm. Besides, it's not relevant to the discussion anyway, IMHO (although I am curious).

What Treo are you using and what version of Chattermail? I bet that your resets are due to the IM client. I have found most to be somewhat unstable, especially if they are running in the background along with Chatter. Having too many apps running in the background may also be a weakness in the POS and have nothing to do with Chatter or Mundu themselves. Do you get resets with Mundu not installed (versus not running)? Also, by chance are you running a 3rd party keyguard versus the built in one?

On my 700p I have no problems that I can attribute to Chatter and it plays fine with Blazer.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    I don't think we are likely to know what Palm's motivation was for buying Chattermail as that is between Marc and Palm. Besides, it's not relevant to the discussion anyway, IMHO (although I am curious).

What Treo are you using and what version of Chattermail? I bet that your resets are due to the IM client. I have found most to be somewhat unstable, especially if they are running in the background along with Chatter. Having too many apps running in the background may also be a weakness in the POS and have nothing to do with Chatter or Mundu themselves. Do you get resets with Mundu not installed (versus not running)? Also, by chance are you running a 3rd party keyguard versus the built in one?

On my 700p I have no problems that I can attribute to Chatter and it plays fine with Blazer.
    I havent tried uninstalling my Mundu app, but i did read somehwere that they use the same socket/port to connect to the internet or something thats why chattermail has been known to not play well with IM apps.

And no i dont have keyguard or anything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12