Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Man, this phone is amazing. I charged up my centro the other night and had to be at my son's school all day yesterday. I get push email from my work's Exchange server and received 48 messages throughout the day, as well as playing with the pda/web and also receiving a few calls throughout the day. It was off the charger from 7 am until approx 5 pm last night. When I went to go plug it in, battery life was at 76%. I'm impressed that with such a small battery, PALM can optimize everything so well to still have a lot of juice left to perform everyday functions.

I keep my screen at around 50% brightness (still looks great), and have the screen automatically turn off after 30 seconds. I also have bluetooth turned off atm and also ir beam. I was connected to vision throughout the day with versamail getting exchange pushes.

Good work Palm!!
  2. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I just got it yesterday and it's holding up pretty well, battery wise.

Possibly the best Palm device I've owned so far.

Will post updates on how it's faring after a day or two
    Great battery life so far. I unplugged it before I went to bed, it showed 99%. When I woke up this morning after 7 hours, it is only down to 96%. Bluetooth, IR off.
  4. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Ive had fantastic life so far. I can't wait to trade for my red one and experience that on there too
    WOW, I wish I could say the same... I charged my wifes all night with the USB cable (slower charge) and within just three hours on standby it dropped to 76%. This just proves something is wrong with her battery.
    David Smith

Me - Treo 755p
    Wifey - Treo Centro
    My battery life greatly improved after several weeks of nightly charging. As soon as I got the phone I also made sure bluetooth and IR was disabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    Ive had fantastic life so far.
    That's great to hear!! What about your Centro's battery life, though?
    I've had really good, but I wouldn't say great. The first day I had it I had to charge just because I was playing with it and setting it up and hadn't changed some of the battery eating properties on it.

Since I have had it set up I can go two days or so without needing a charge and that's getting email, playing on the web, quite a bit of texting and quite a bit of talking on it.

I am happy overall. Especially since I am coming from a Samsung A900 that could need a charge in the middle of the day if I used it a lot.
    I wanted to test the battery so after 2 and a half days of receiving email, surfing the web a bit, moderate phone use, and tons of texting, it was still at 20%. Probably the best battery I've had on a smartphone. My Q would die from half a day of moderate use.
    No offense, but from everything I've read, you can't begin to compare the Q to Centro...battery, I mean. I've read nothing but horrible things about the Q battery.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Seido making an extended battery that fits in the OEM door. I bought their's for the 755P and it gave me just the amount of juice I wanted/needed.
    Oh believe me, the q has probably the worst battery I've ever experienced with a phone, ever. Nothing but bad experiences with it.
    I must have a defective battery then. Yesterday I pulled the phone of the charger at about 7:00 am. By 8:00pm last night I was at 6%. I got maybe 3 emails, used the phone about 15 minutes, and 10 minutes of web usage. I have versamail set to check pop email every hour from 7-9 so the data connection is always on. I have BT and IR turned off though and Screen at about 40% brightness. Are your data connections always on? If not how to you make versamail disconnect after checking email? I tried the Auto-Disconnect feature with no luck.
  13. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2canSAM View Post
    I must have a defective battery then. Yesterday I pulled the phone of the charger at about 7:00 am. By 8:00pm last night I was at 6%. I got maybe 3 emails, used the phone about 15 minutes, and 10 minutes of web usage. I have versamail set to check pop email every hour from 7-9 so the data connection is always on. I have BT and IR turned off though and Screen at about 40% brightness. Are your data connections always on? If not how to you make versamail disconnect after checking email? I tried the Auto-Disconnect feature with no luck.
    Get it replaced. It shouldn't be that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by chimmer View Post
    My battery life greatly improved after several weeks of nightly charging. As soon as I got the phone I also made sure bluetooth and IR was disabled.
    I assume when you say you've disabled bluetooth, that you can no longer use a bluetooth headset without turning bluetooth on? If that's the case, this isn't a very good mod imho. I love my bluetooth headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    I assume when you say you've disabled bluetooth, that you can no longer use a bluetooth headset without turning bluetooth on? If that's the case, this isn't a very good mod imho. I love my bluetooth headset.
    To each his own. I never use bluetooth and don't really plan on it, so that's why I disabled it. If you use it then it doesn't make sense to disable it.
    I am loving the battery life too.
    I took my Centro off from charging at 7am this morning, and right now it is 945pm.
    Total, I used the web for about, 1 hour today, 30-50 text messages, and about an hour and a half on the phone, and my battery is only down to 50%.
    That's what I call GREAT.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I haven't found the battery life is great. Just not bad for its small battery. But, I'm running Chatter mail and Versa mail Exchange sync background all the time, so they should factor in.
    I concerns about whether or not the battery would be adequate prior to getting the Centro, but after one week of varied use I am very satisfied. I have turned off bluetooth so I don't use a headset and I don't have a lot of third party apps, but in my case the battery seems to work great. I don't see a lot of difference from my 755p.
    Legalbeagle
    Agree with the rest of the people. Battery life seems to be as good as the 755p
    I think it's great now. After my first initial charge, I went 5 days before it needed a charge again.

I try to let it get really low before I charge it again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast