Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t.j.k. View Post
    I think it's great now. After my first initial charge, I went 5 days before it needed a charge again.

I try to let it get really low before I charge it again.
    That's not supposed to be good for this kind of battery. You're supposed to drain it occasionally; but most of the time you're supposed to 'top' it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by t4l View Post
    That's not supposed to be good for this kind of battery. You're supposed to drain it occasionally; but most of the time you're supposed to 'top' it off.
    Ehh, I don't care. I don't charge it till it needs it.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Compared to my old Treo 650, battery life of the Centro is greatly reduced. At the end of the day, I plug it in before I go to bed. With the Treo, I am at around 80% battery life left. With the Centro, I'm at around 30%. Same amount of usage.

Bluetooth and IR off, screen is at around 25% brightness. It also seems that the Centro trys to connect to Power Vision more often than the Treo, probably due to the IM and Sprint Mobile Email. of course, lets not forget the small 1150mAH battery (Treo 650 have a 1800mAH).

Can't wait for a battery upgrade for the centro! hopefully it will fit inside the standard battery door (don't like unsightly buldges).
    Quote Originally Posted by naddie View Post
    Compared to my old Treo 650, battery life of the Centro is greatly reduced. At the end of the day, I plug it in before I go to bed. With the Treo, I am at around 80% battery life left. With the Centro, I'm at around 30%. Same amount of usage.

Bluetooth and IR off, screen is at around 25% brightness. It also seems that the Centro trys to connect to Power Vision more often than the Treo, probably due to the IM and Sprint Mobile Email. of course, lets not forget the small 1150mAH battery (Treo 650 have a 1800mAH).

Can't wait for a battery upgrade for the centro! hopefully it will fit inside the standard battery door (don't like unsightly buldges).
    Comparing a 1x device to a 3g device, all else being equal, will always result in less battery life on the 3g device.

Having 2 active radios, with the EV one consuming a lot of power has that effect. Just a side effect of newer technology.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I guess I too have a defective battery. The first (full) day I got it, I took it off the charger at around 7:30AM, I got a few txt msgs, pushed emails, didn't change any settings, browsed the web a bit, and the phone shut down on me about 3pm that day. The next day, I changed and lowered some settings like brightness, turned off bluetooth and beam, it got a lot better.

However, I took it off the charger at around 7:30AM again and this morning I played a card game on my Centro for maybe 15 minutes or 20 minutes and same amount of browsing web, txt msgs and IMing as usual (a few). It's 4:30PM now and it is down to 37% so I'm afraid it'll shut down before I get to my charger tonight.

Do I have a defective battery??

I am very jealous of everyone that loves their Centro battery!!
    Quote Originally Posted by peemmfivekay View Post
    I guess I too have a defective battery. The first (full) day I got it, I took it off the charger at around 7:30AM, I got a few txt msgs, pushed emails, didn't change any settings, browsed the web a bit, and the phone shut down on me about 3pm that day. The next day, I changed and lowered some settings like brightness, turned off bluetooth and beam, it got a lot better.

However, I took it off the charger at around 7:30AM again and this morning I played a card game on my Centro for maybe 15 minutes or 20 minutes and same amount of browsing web, txt msgs and IMing as usual (a few). It's 4:30PM now and it is down to 37% so I'm afraid it'll shut down before I get to my charger tonight.

Do I have a defective battery??

I am very jealous of everyone that loves their Centro battery!!
    That's about what I get.
    I've had some funky battery stuff. Twice now, when using Sudoko or leaving treo in Suduko mode, the centro shut itself down in a low battery state and then would not respond to power on button. I found that as soon as I plugged it in, the batter registered 40 some percent. So, the battery wasn't dead, but something was telling the Centro that it was...very curious in deed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12