Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Is there or will there be a GSM version of the Palm Centro?
    Sprint has the exclusive for now. It appears there will be a model for AT&T, which means there could be an unlocked GSM or something for Europe in 2008.
    We have seen leaked image of the GSM version for Orange in Europe and AT&T.
    GSM version should be available after the 90 days exclusive period for Sprint.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I spoke with a manager at my AT&T store yesterday and he said AT&T will be carring the Centro sometime after Sprints 90 exclusive runs out. He also told me that AT&T will have the 755 next month. I ask when the iPhone will go 3g and he suggested I call Steve Jobs and ask him.
    Quote Originally Posted by glsda View Post
    I ask when the iPhone will go 3g and he suggested I call Steve Jobs and ask him.
    I seemed to have misplaced Steve's number. If you have it could you pass along
    755 for AT&T? Is that means 680 will get 3G capability?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I can't seem to find Steve's number in my contacts. I don't know about the 680 going to 3g. I had just asked about the Centro and the 755. I have a 650 and it has started the dreaded rebooting cycle several times a day. I did the old shim the SIM card trick and it didn't work. I have read doing remarkable things to the ROM and removing potential causes such as Versa mail. Since I have serious doublts about being able to do this unaccompanied by Murphy's law I have started shopping for a replacement and am considering the 755 and Centro but do not want to change carriers.