Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I called sprint on another matter this afternoon, and out of curiosity asked how much time was left on my contracts. It turned out that two lines had expired, and another was set to expire next month. So I asked how much it would cost to upgrade to a centro.

The sprint representative ran some numbers. I can't recall correctly, but there was one credit for the time I had been on contract, plus a rebate, plus another credit ($80?). I do recall that the bottom line number is that I would get a centro for $99 after all the rebates and credits were factored in. I told her I would talk about it with my wife, and get back with a decision.

I decided to go ahead, and I called back tonight. The sprint rep I got this time could not come close to matching the offer. The whole experience really creeped me out; I wasn't trying to game some sort of offer. I have been with sprint since 1998, and have been really happy, and don't want to move to another carrier. But I don't like getting an offer withdrawn like that.

Anyway, I thought I would call again tomorrow. I figured if I had the correct names for these offers and rebates, the conversation would go smoother. OTOH, if the original rep made an error, I am OK with that, too. Can someone help me out?
    As a long time Sprint customer myself, even I know that answer.
    If you have had your phone 22 months or more, you are elgible for a price of $199 using whatever cute names they call it - instant rebate, etc. The extra $100 rebate, getting you to $99 comes from signing up for their $25 per month Power Vision Plan. All with a 2 year contract.
    I just did this, didn't want all the things on that package, but my friend in the store said wait till you get your rebate check, then change your plan down to what you want.
    I don't need TV or music, so that is what I am doing to get the price.
    If you don't like driving and standing in line, call the 800 for Sales, they will give you that price and ship them to your door.
    If you want a red one, wait till the 4th, it looks bright, but might be appealing. Even if you get some tomorrow, then see the red ones, you can trade for color within 30 daysHope this helps.
    After reading TC for almost what...10 years? I think I've learned that if you just try to call again tomorrow, you'll get a different rep, and a different answer. lol... Don't let it bother you, we're all used to Sprint's wonderful CS dept. I love the company, but the CS dept is the worst I have ever encountered.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Yeah it is difficult to champion the treos and now the Centro for so long and still be treated like crap over the phone by Sprint. I'm in your boat..been with them since 1996 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    After reading TC for almost what...10 years? I think I've learned that if you just try to call again tomorrow, you'll get a different rep, and a different answer. lol... Don't let it bother you, we're all used to Sprint's wonderful CS dept. I love the company, but the CS dept is the worst I have ever encountered.
    Exactly. I think you should have taken the offer right then and there. I know you can definitely get that offer again since your lines are out of contract. Good luck.
    diane
    if u don't get satisfaction ask to speak to a supervisor explain what happened and I will bet they will give you that deal
    Fred
    Dunlop...if she's saying you have all these credits then you should get it for $199 minus those credits if you're not under contract. She's the one that told you had credits and the phone is openly $199 before the rebate.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i have 1.5 year left on my contract and no rebates till april 08. got my centro for $84.99 by flirting shamelessly with the retention girl.
    I have one 700p and wife has a generic Samsung. (My wife uses a BB for work) Our contract it up in June 08. I wanted two Centros for $99.

The rep at the Sprint store told me I could have two Centros for $325 each.
    I just don't want to jack-around going to all of the stores in our city nor do I want to make several tel calls to Sprint. All of these are PITA's and take so much time.

It's like the airlines. Probably most passengers sitting around you paid a different price for their ticket even though they're going to the same destination.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    It's that way with cars, hotels, and many other things. Heck, even on the lcd tv i bought a few years back..you have to negotiate..
    Anytime you get a deal like that and don't take it right away (and even if you do) write down the name of the rep you're talking to! It gives you way more leverage when trying to confirm the deal later.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    I was given no less than 6 different offers until I mentioned the magic word...."Cancel". It was almost like the gates of heaven opened and the chorus of angels serenaded me with the "AHHHHHHH....".

I have been a corporate client (4 lines) since 1999, I wanted to swap two 650's for centro's - all lines have expired contracts. First the local store. Salesman told me they were not out yet, come back mid-November. When I asked him why one is on the floor, he danced around and slipped that they have "a few for new line activations".

Second was the large full service store...Agent told me $395 each as none of my lines were eligible. So then I started calling. Each time a different price and plan option. It wasn't until I asked one of the reps what the procedure was for canceling my account, just out of curiosity of course, was I transferred to the retentions department. As it has been mentioned here many times before, if you ask for "retentions" they tend to lock up pretty quickly.
    In the end, two centros for $99 ea. (no rebate) and the power vision plan and unlimited text for $13.00 each phone. I am still riding my 2500 min plan for $99. I was pushing for more, but I think I made out.
  13. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Go to a store and get them in person, Im never ordering again.
    I have two phones with Sprint. One of my contacts was expired the other has 9 months left. I called about 5 different client retentions people and finally one lady that did me right. I said you are going to charge me $200 to break the contract but if I buy a centro now it will cost $399. I said why don't I just pay the $200 to break the deal and then sign up again and the get the centro for $99 and save $75. I said better yet how about I pay the $200 and just go to Verizon. I Got both my plans switched to the sero plan and got her down to $50 a month instead of $60. I also got two centros for free. Sold my treo 700p and my wifes 650 on ebay for $265. Not a bad deal two free phones and a new cheap plan and net profit of $265 because i got the other phones for free as well. You got to love Sprints client retentions department.
  15. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    make sure your accounts are right.
  16.    #16  
    called in again, and the rep suggested that I try ordering it online. pretty funny, the upgrade phone link on the sprint site is a bad link. so I googled "sprint rebate" and got in the back way. This got me one for $150, no ship or activation fees. I just called it good. hope there are no bad surprises on the bill...
    I played the "phone" game today with about 5 agents, then decided to just go into the store and get one. I got one good quote, but of course we were disconnected, etc.

I didn't want to wait for shipping. I have a replacement Dell laptop (different model) in the mail and I don't want to be learning them both at the same time.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Is there any way to get any discounts on new phones without renewing the 2 year contract? I haven't renewed my contract in almost 2 years and try to keep it that way. I don't ever want to pay a cancellation fee if I decide to move on.
    you can always get the rebate.

if you show them no love, why should they show you some? I wouldn't give you a discount if I wasn't getting anything in return.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I wouldn't give you a discount if I wasn't getting anything in return.
    Gee, thanks.......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast