1.    #1  
    Something I have never understood is why does Versamail 'attempt' to get email that is got the previous time? It has a log of the date and time of the last 'get' so why is it trying to get the same old emails each time. Doing this slows the whole process and results in a turn around time of a minute just to tell me that 3 emails were not downloaded because I have set it to retrieve 1 days worth.
    Is there a way to make Versamail do what I would like?
    1. You could leave the emails in "trash" on the Treo until the end of the day. VersaMail will not download emails already on the Treo . . . if they are in your "InBox" or if they are in "Trash."

2. Mark delete off server when you delete and empty the trash. (But then they are gone from the server for good.)
  3.    #3  
    It doesn't get them but it still goes the process ... if I receive 3 emails at the start of day and leave them in the inbox the next get will show it getting 3 emails (assuming no new emails have arrived). The progress bar fills up at the same rate as it did the first time when it WAS getting the 3 emails.
    I prefer to leave them on the server as I use Versamail for notification then use Opera Mini to reply etc (in most cases).
    I can't help thinking that I am doing something wrong.
    What you describe is not normal.

For giggles -- recreate the VersaMail account you have set up under another name on your Treo, with the exact same settings. Does this account do the same thing? (Sometimes an account set up can become corrupt (causing various issues) and needs to be recreated. Just over writing the settings in the current account will not work. If the new account set up works . . . delete the old one off the Treo.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I recently had some connection problems with Chatter and had to use Versamail for the first time. I checked the box to download the last week only. Versamail proceeded to download every battery blasting email in the exchange inbox. Every half hour 25 more old emails would show up. With my battery near depletion, I finally gave up and diabled Versamail again.

Why would VM have an option to download only recent emails if the program is going to ignore it anyway?

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    I keep my server In Box cleared, so I have never "tested" to see if my VersaMail is able to to do this or not. I will have to give it a try and report.
    I set my incoming options to one day and it did review all items that were on the server, but then told me it was not transfering 4 emails, as they were older than one day. . . . . . (as mentioned by ny discobay)

so this filter function seems to be working on my 755p . . . . not sure why it is not on yours McTreo. . . . you could try a delete and re-create of the account on your Treo, sometimes corruption can occur that inhibits functionality and this delete and recreate of the account on the Treo can clear it. (Just over typing the settings in the edit function on the account does not count -- it has to be a delete and recreate.)
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/27/2007 at 10:27 AM.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Thanks Perry,

Chatter mysteriously began working again solving my Versamail problem. Of course it was our exchange server not responding correctly and not a Chatter problem to begin with.

Cheers!

McTreo
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!