Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    The hack doesn't work on the Centro. Massive reset loop for me which requires hard resets to fix. I'm running the same software as on my 755p which never reset.
    I am with you. The blue tooth dun hack doesn't work on my Centro. I got endless reboots when the phone launched. I had to do a hard reset.

Anybody get the free dun hack to work? Or has it required buying software?
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I just tried the hack and, as expected, it didn't work. The phone was off after a soft reset and trying to turn it on just sent it back into another reset.

I found that it's not necessary to do a hard reset to get rid of it. Resco Explorer will delete the PhoneInterfaceLibrary file from RAM (Filez won't). Another soft reset and you're good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    Malatesta, I've never had to keep PDANet on the screen to run - there is a checkbox that will allow you to switch out of the app and keep it running. I know because I often look at my calendar while using PdaNet.....
    Yup, I noticed that about 10 mins after I posted that comment Chalk that one up to overlooking the obvious, lol.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    I just tried the hack and, as expected, it didn't work. The phone was off after a soft reset and trying to turn it on just sent it back into another reset.

I found that it's not necessary to do a hard reset to get rid of it. Resco Explorer will delete the PhoneInterfaceLibrary file from RAM (Filez won't). Another soft reset and you're good to go.
    I had to hard reset because I had the 7 email application set to automatically turn on the phone radio after a reset. It was way too quick for me to delete the file after the reset.
    Hey, quick question. I am trying to set up the trial of usb modem as I am not very happy with the speeds of pdanet. pdanet never required a username or password but usb does. What should I be using?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parli View Post
    Hey, quick question. I am trying to set up the trial of usb modem as I am not very happy with the speeds of pdanet. pdanet never required a username or password but usb does. What should I be using?

Thanks!
    Just leave them blank. It will work.
    hi just wanna bump it up, if anyone find the way to make the DUN hack work on centro?
    I don't mind paying for PDANET or USBmodem, but my problem is I am trying to use my centro with my nokia n800 internet tablet (and PDANET is useless in this case, it have to connect via bluetooth and n800 is linux base).
    I used to have this set up perfectly with my 700p (treo DUN with nokie n800). it was awesome, I have pretty much full internet capability (on n800) almost everywhere I go.
    If anyone here has any suggestion on this topic, how it can be done please let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by ignar View Post
    Just leave them blank. It will work.
    Thanks! I'll give it a shot.
    yuyjust, try getting the free trial of USBModem to see if it will work with your N800. I too currently have a 700P to tether to my N800 but haven't jumped to the Centro just yet. I believe USBModem will work.
    Last edited by 98GSR; 11/02/2007 at 03:30 PM.
  10.    #30  
    Someone let me know. If I can't hook up to my N800, it is kinda a deal breaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by 98GSR View Post
    yuyjust, try getting the free trial of USBModem to see if it will work with your N800. I too currently have a 700P to tether to my N800 but haven't jumped to the Centro just yet. I believe USBModem will work.
    Ok I guess will have to try, but one problem tho lol I just sold my n800 to make room for n810 that suppose to be out this month. I will try usbmodem, n810, and centro combo if that work out, ill be in heaven.
  12.    #32  
    Has anyone been able to get USBModem to work with their Nokia 770 or N800 yet? I really want to get a Centro, but need it to work with my tablet.
    I wonder what "issues" could there be? That might help get a better answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Okay, I did some tests:

USB Modem is *definitely* faster for me than PDANet with EvDO optimization....
    I've been using PDANet and it is working well for me (both via Bluetooth and USB) but now that I see the results that some are getting with USB Modem, I'd like to try it. Can I have PDANet and USB Modem both installed on the Centro at the same time without problems?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Anyone working on fixing this? Dear Shadowmite? I want this phone but this functionality is a dealbreaker!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    lol, few people tried it and got the same result, why would yours be any different. use either pdanet or usb modem.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    lol, few people tried it and got the same result, why would yours be any different. use either pdanet or usb modem.
    I was hoping someone would figure out a new version of the hack to make it work. PDA Net or USB modem will not work with anything other than a PC. Looking for something to connect to a Dell Axim.

And before you ask why I would want to teather to a Dell Axim when I have a Centro...there is a program that allows you to view Sony and Pansonic IP cameras that is not available for the Palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Can I have PDANet and USB Modem both installed on the Centro at the same time without problems?
    In case you never got that answered: yup, both can live harmoniously on the same device

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    In case you never got that answered: yup, both can live harmoniously on the same device
    Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try then.
    I just downloaded the USB Modem trial and took a look at the install instructions in the user guide. There are a lot more manual steps to get it going then with PDAnet.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    the steps are the same as PDAnet, but PDAnet automates everything for you so you don't have to do it manually. USB modem is better because it works with macs, linux and windows, where as PDAnet is windows only
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast