1.    #1  
    Hi everyone, I am sorry that I need to ask this as I imagine it has been asked before, but I can seem to find the right "search" word combination to find one of the old posts.

I am writing because I am in the process of returning my second 700p for my third with Verizon. My second was worse than my first (I actually was able to deal with the problems of my first for almost a year until my needs ended up changing)

It is my understanding that after the third, you are allowed to exchange for a different phone. Is this true and if so what are the rules to the exchange? I imagine it must be of equal or lesser value than the first, but what is the time limitation on the three returns? Need they be in one year, two years, etc?

Also is this something Verizon will "offer" or do I need to specifically ask for it?

Thanks everyone,
    CG
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Hi everyone, I am sorry that I need to ask this as I imagine it has been asked before, but I can seem to find the right "search" word combination to find one of the old posts.

I am writing because I am in the process of returning my second 700p for my third with Verizon. My second was worse than my first (I actually was able to deal with the problems of my first for almost a year until my needs ended up changing)

It is my understanding that after the third, you are allowed to exchange for a different phone. Is this true and if so what are the rules to the exchange? I imagine it must be of equal or lesser value than the first, but what is the time limitation on the three returns? Need they be in one year, two years, etc?

Also is this something Verizon will "offer" or do I need to specifically ask for it?

Thanks everyone,
    CG
    I went through 4 phones with them (in a 5 week period). Others up to 7 ... It varies. You'll have to fight with verizon and just hope for the best. I fought before I got a replacement.. They gave me a $50 credit on my account. I ended up buying a replacement device at practically full retail price. But I sold my Treo 700P and nabbed more than half of my money back. Just try and try try try!
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I am in your boat, and I am one step closer to take the actions I'll describe now:

Here's how it works, according to a Verizon rep: You have to be within the original 1-year manufacturer's warranty for Verizon to be able to give you a new phone, after 3-strikes. Your account has to be in good-standing BTW (no past-due fees or late payements).

It does not make any sense, I know, given that the phone itself is ill designed and the MRs have generated more problems than actually solved them, but that's what she said and that's why the only "solution" for them at this point is to keep sending me 700p that I know won't work as advertised.

The only viable alternative ios to escalate the problem after a significant number of attempts. You said you are receiving a 2nd replacement? I believe if you have problems with the new 700p, try a 3rd replacement. The unit will very likely not work. Then you can start escalating your problems with higher-tier tech and customer support. Try reasoning with them. If everything proves futile, then serious bussiness lies ahead: go the online route and let the world know how bad they are.

Follow recommendations in the Consumerist.com for Email Corporate Carpet bombing (search for it in their website). Basically you'll write a letter to all the big-wigs (CEO, VP, etc) letting them know that you have tried in good faith to solve your problem but have gotten nowhere, and that your demand is plain and simple: you want a device that works, period. Write a note to Consumerist.com and they may post it in their website. It is a well-known fact that many companies have their eyes in the Consumerist for Damage-control in case stories like these arise.

If this generates nothing, file complains to the BBB and FCC on both Verizon and Palm. And the last resort is the painful and expensive one: LEAVE Verizon. Run. Pay ETFs, whatever. They will end up losing money and you will get a better deal elsewhere. But that is a last resort move.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    The Lemon Law in some states is pretty well "protected" for the consumer.

That is how Verizon states it (hmmm, they may no exactly use the Lemon phrase), I read all the terms when i was having issues with my phone. I found it on their website.

Make sure they are giving you a NEW phone too - i was able to "demand" new thru Asurion, in fact they told me they weren't replacing 700p's with refurbs at that point and it was a huge mistake i got one.

Nice but firm is the key. You can ASK for anything, you might not get it, but it never hurts to ask!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way