Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 didn't do this but my Centro pop's up with "Call Ended" and the amount of time the call lasted, then it goes to the regular screen where it shuts down the current call. I would like to disable this first small screen ("Call Ended"), anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jivedaddy View Post
    My Treo 650 didn't do this but my Centro pop's up with "Call Ended" and the amount of time the call lasted, then it goes to the regular screen where it shuts down the current call. I would like to disable this first small screen ("Call Ended"), anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!
    Install test6 or test7 from this post: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=58
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    Install test6 or test7 from this post: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=58

not working for me and pcr 6 won;t installl but 7 did
    I installed Test 7 and it is working beautifully. You saved to SD card then moved to RAM with FileZ (or other file manager)?
    What is the difference between Palm OEM and Stock Carrier Symbols?
    To delete: delete Phone_SPCS.
    Last edited by quick death; 10/29/2007 at 07:25 PM.
    I cannot get this to work. Suggestions?
    Got it to work now.....but when roaming, the word "Roaming" is gone and I have an "R" to the right. Is that OK or did I do something wrong? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    Will this work on the 755 too???
    and when I click on the link nothing shows up.

If this does work on the 755,
    do you think it would be possible for you to explain a step by step instruction???

Thank you!!!
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    Got it to work now.....but when roaming, the word "Roaming" is gone and I have an "R" to the right. Is that OK or did I do something wrong? Thanks!
    how'd you get it to work? i did 7 but i can't do anything with it.. idk what to do
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    The file phone_spcs.prc mentioned in the above posting works like a charm. No more annoying popup and delay. Thank you.
    I sent it to an email and installed it, then did a soft reset. Still get the pop-up. hmmm
    Put it on my Centro today and 7 works great - no more pop-ups.

One downside - the cool new sprint "sprintspeed" startup screen is gone when you power up the phone. It was replaced with the boring yellow splash screen.

Anyone know how to get the sprintspeed screen back but keep pop-ups away?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe View Post
    Put it on my Centro today and 7 works great - no more pop-ups.

One downside - the cool new sprint "sprintspeed" startup screen is gone when you power up the phone. It was replaced with the boring yellow splash screen.

Anyone know how to get the sprintspeed screen back but keep pop-ups away?

Thanks.
    My guess would be to put in #6 instead of 7, or one of the other hacks.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Zelgo

The "Phone_SPCS" splash screen in ROM is the default one. You can't remove it.

The Shadowmite Phone_SPCS splash screen hack that is mentioned above, goes into the RAM and can be removed with Filez or Resco Explorer.

Who at Palm is responsible for that "Call Ended" screen? They should be made to come on this forum and defend all the time wasted that "Call Ended" causes.

When I hang up a call, more often than not I'm going to do something else right away. Either call someone, or do something on the pda side. And even if I'm not going to do anything else, I find myself watching the "Call Ended" screen and wait for the red button to blank the screen before putting the phone in my pouch to make sure buttons aren't pushed by mistake.

To keep my sanity I count to 6 every time I end a call.. ONE .... TWO .... THREE .... FOUR .... FIVE .... SIX ....! I'm not used to this kind of time waster on my ancient Tungsten C.

It reminds me of running one operating system on top of another. I get the feeling the PalmOS has to shell out when the qualcomm(or whatever) chip does a voice call, then when the call is ended the PalmOS has to re-load.

I'm not going to install any hack. I just wish Palm would give users the choice by giving them the option in phone pref's to disable the "Call Ended" screen. I would sign a petition if it would influence anyone at Palm.
    David
    David - the patch file from Shadowmite has been around for a very long time, and takes a second to install (as well as delete, if needed). Given your apparent frustration (I was like that until I installed the patch last year, and haven't looked back), why continue putting yourself though the pain of seeing the stupid pop-up?
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    could someone please go over what EXACTLY it takes to install these .prc files.

For instance... you don't just use the 'install' functiion within the hotsync window?
    Copy the files to your SD card, them move them to the device's memory using FileZ or other file manager.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast