Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthooligan View Post
    Forgive me if I didn't specify....

This is basically the original test 7...the only difference is it contains the modified splash screens for the centro..."Sprintspeed welcome" and "Sprintspeed goodbye"....and yes it keeps the call timer log info if you click details of that number in the call log area...no changes in operation - I'm not that smart. Also, if you do like the instructions below, it should just overwrite the old one.

This one is a little closer (slightly larger font and "goodbye" instead of "powering off")...I was able to side by side it after I did the first one....

Also, forwhatever reason, I got the first one to install to the device and it loaded straight in after softreset...I tried the 2nd update and it gave issue...soooo...

I followed instructions posted that explain to:

Hotsync to SD card, then used FILE Z to move Centro_test7.prc to "INTERNAL"....then did a soft reset...
    It worked...sorry for any confusion from me...
    Hey that works great, thanks. Actually, it's the easiest yet.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    does it really bother you guys that much the whole 2 seconds its on the screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurra6745 View Post
    So did it bother you that much that you had to insult us? I sure hope you feel better now.

When the hack first came out years ago, it had hundreds of replies, so it obviously is a pretty desirable hack.

The thing that bothered me the most though is the lack of info in the Call Log that is corrected with this hack, but I'm sure you don't care about it or care that we like it.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    no just a general question thats all boss
    Quote Originally Posted by cmurra6745 View Post

ROFL...not as much as the 5 seconds it took to read your post and respond:

Please tell me your joking cmurra6745 - if the thread bugs you, why bother reading it?

Personally, I think you secretly find it exciting (and it makes you nervous, sweaty and anxious as a result) - in a general kind of way, of course.

Perhaps that is why you posted such a rhetorical question- because you could feel the energy and excitement in here and could not resist to be a part of it! Hell yes- it is like the wild west out here. It is an exciting time in PALM OS land!

The world is a better place because of this thread. Hundreds- nay- thousands of lives were probably saved because people didn't have to wait the extra 2 seconds while it is on their phone. I bet many marriages and relationships were salvaged as a result.

Hey..and thanks for playing....we have some wonderful parting gifts for you!
    Last edited by sainthooligan; 05/01/2008 at 11:14 AM.
    I just tried it, and it is working fine for me so far. . .

Thanks!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    Install test6 or test7 from this post: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=58
    Anybody know if this patch would still work with the new rom update for the sprint centro?
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2Reef View Post
    Anybody know if this patch would still work with the new rom update for the sprint centro?
    I just reinstalled test7 and it works as expected.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123