Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Another way to get rid of the popup (actuallt, this method dismisses it immediately) is to install PhoneSwitch. This apporach would allow preservation of the 'Sprint Speed' splash and also allows you to predetermine a particular app to launch after a phone call or return to the app that was last being used (PhoneSwitch's intended use)
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Another way to get rid of the popup (actuallt, this method dismisses it immediately) is to install PhoneSwitch. This apporach would allow preservation of the 'Sprint Speed' splash and also allows you to predetermine a particular app to launch after a phone call or return to the app that was last being used (PhoneSwitch's intended use)
    So the popup never happens when using PhoneSwitch eventhough you never leave the phone app?

The only thing that I could see being odd is if you end a call while in another app like the calendar or text messaging. With the overlay, you still get the call completed popup in those apps but with PhoneSwitch you'd be taken back to the dialer screen?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    So the popup never happens when using PhoneSwitch eventhough you never leave the phone app?

The only thing that I could see being odd is if you end a call while in another app like the calendar or text messaging. With the overlay, you still get the call completed popup in those apps but with PhoneSwitch you'd be taken back to the dialer screen?
    Phone Switch has a setting which asks: "What should Phone Switch Launch?" The two choices are:

1.) Last App Opened - Which means it will launch whatever program you were using before the call was received.

2.) Preset App - Allows you to select from a list, any app on your Centro to be launched after the call ends.

I have my Phone Switch set to "switch" to the "Last App Opened" after the call ends. If I had been doing something on my Centro at the time the call came in, it switches back to that app when the call ends. If I was the one who made the call, it switches back to the launcher screen. (Seems like it would switch back to the phone screen, but it doesn't.)

You also have a choice to have Phone Switch launch a "Preset App" after the call ends. So, if you set that preset app = "Phone" you will be on the phone screen after the call ends.

Either way, the "Call Ended" pop-up is a thing of the past.

I love Phone Switch, and best of all, it's free!
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall View Post
    The file phone_spcs.prc mentioned in the above posting works like a charm. No more annoying popup and delay. Thank you.
    I couldn't get test7.prc to move from sd to ram with Filez, but phone_spcs.prc did. I verified that the "call ended" popup is gone. Hurray!
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by star444 View Post
    Phone Switch has a setting which asks: "What should Phone Switch Launch?" The two choices are:

1.) Last App Opened - Which means it will launch whatever program you were using before the call was received.

2.) Preset App - Allows you to select from a list, any app on your Centro to be launched after the call ends.

I have my Phone Switch set to "switch" to the "Last App Opened" after the call ends. If I had been doing something on my Centro at the time the call came in, it switches back to that app when the call ends. If I was the one who made the call, it switches back to the launcher screen. (Seems like it would switch back to the phone screen, but it doesn't.)

You also have a choice to have Phone Switch launch a "Preset App" after the call ends. So, if you set that preset app = "Phone" you will be on the phone screen after the call ends.

Either way, the "Call Ended" pop-up is a thing of the past.

Thanks. Sounds like it should work just fine then. Odd that it doesn't go back to the phone app if you placed the call and never left the phone app, but not a big deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by star444 View Post
    I just installed this on my 755p. So far, it works great! Thanks for the tip, star444.
    Another vote for PhoneSwitch. Works like a charm. Simple and well designed.
    on the centro at least, you can just click the ok button and it goes away...is this only a problem on treos?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by random735 View Post
    on the centro at least, you can just click the ok button and it goes away...is this only a problem on treos?
    If I get the gist of it properly, I believe that people simply don't like the added step of having to click the ok button. It is wasted time/motion for an unnecessary popup.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzideluxe View Post
    Another vote for PhoneSwitch. Works like a charm. Simple and well designed.
    I agree, this is a great ap, with a BIG exception, to me at least. I want the phone to go back to the application I was working on when the call interrupted. That works great here, because I can't tell you how many four letter words I've called out when a phone call interrupted me doing something. But, I also want it to go back to the phone screen when I end a call I made, not go to the internet or something. If they would do that, it would be a perfect ap. Right now I have it disabled because of this feature. Having it set to go to the phone after a call would make it no better than having the hack and the best thing about the hack is having the call duration available in call log.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I am fairly new to both my Centro and this group.
    I would like 2 say U guys are awesome and thanks in advance 4 any help.
    I have read and tried to follow all the instructions for using shadowmites overlays. Somewhere I went wrong.
    At this point in my ROM I have:
    Phone_SPCS 59K
    Phone_SPCS_enUS 11K
    I have nothing 127 K although that is what I loaded.
    If I try to load one of the test overlays (test6, test6, etc.) it ends up being listed as some garbled mess.
    Can ANYONE help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by trancemc View Post
    I am fairly new to both my Centro and this group.
    I would like 2 say U guys are awesome and thanks in advance 4 any help.
    I have read and tried to follow all the instructions for using shadowmites overlays. Somewhere I went wrong.
    At this point in my ROM I have:
    Phone_SPCS 59K
    Phone_SPCS_enUS 11K
    I have nothing 127 K although that is what I loaded.
    If I try to load one of the test overlays (test6, test6, etc.) it ends up being listed as some garbled mess.
    Can ANYONE help me?
    You have to place the hack file (127K) onto your card and then, using FileZ, move it over to the internal memory.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    RickMG
    Thanks . . . but I did that.
    When I do that what I see using FileZ or resco explorer is a file about 2.5 KB called ]u%~ or something garbled like that.
    (BTW, the test files I have are 121K)
    Is there anything else I can do? Has anyone seen this case B4?
    Nope.
    Not on the card, in the memory.
    I load an overlay (test7.prc) on the card and move it 2 memory.
    When I do the garbled file appears.
    I THINK I messed things up initially by loading the test7.prc and then the Phone_SPCS.prc over that.
    In any case I am stuck here.
    Can someone explain how to do this step-by-step? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by vga4life View Post
    Install test6 or test7 from this post: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=58
    Just wanted to say that test7 worked great for me.

Added it to my SD card, moved it to internal memory using FileZ, did a soft reset afterwards and no more 'call ended' screen...thanks!

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    Hope y'all don't mind but here is a centro version of the test7.prc for removing the annoying call ended popup...
    It is nearly identical to the original that you see on the Centro...
    Sprint ahead logo and Sprintspeed splash screen (w/"welcome" & "powering off")...

As a side note, just Hotsync install directly to device....soft reset and it is good to go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthooligan View Post
    Hope y'all don't mind but here is a centro version of the test7.prc for removing the annoying call ended popup...
    It is nearly identical to the original that you see on the Centro...
    Sprint ahead logo and Sprintspeed splash screen (w/"welcome" & "powering off")...

As a side note, just Hotsync install directly to device....soft reset and it is good to go.
    Will this hack put the call timer back into the call log like the other test7? Also, do you need to uninstall the previous hack? Thanks.
    Forgive me if I didn't specify....

This is basically the original test 7...the only difference is it contains the modified splash screens for the centro..."Sprintspeed welcome" and "Sprintspeed goodbye"....and yes it keeps the call timer log info if you click details of that number in the call log area...no changes in operation - I'm not that smart. Also, if you do like the instructions below, it should just overwrite the old one.

This one is a little closer (slightly larger font and "goodbye" instead of "powering off")...I was able to side by side it after I did the first one....

Also, forwhatever reason, I got the first one to install to the device and it loaded straight in after softreset...I tried the 2nd update and it gave issue...soooo...

I followed instructions posted that explain to:

Hotsync to SD card, then used FILE Z to move Centro_test7.prc to "INTERNAL"....then did a soft reset...
    It worked...sorry for any confusion from me...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sainthooligan; 04/24/2008 at 11:52 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast