Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Is it just me that cannot locate it or is there just not a reset button.
  2. #2  
    No more reset button in the Centro.

    Use mReset or Reset.prc.

    The latter from Hobbyist Software. Then set the application to reset the devise by pressing the hard key set to launch the reset app in Phone Favorites.

  3. mtndew's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    #3  
    Pull the battery. Been doing that on my old 700p b/c I was too lazy to use the stylus tip...
  4. #4  
    I have been using mReset on my 650, 700p and now the Centro because I was to lazy to pull the batt cover and battery, or even use the styus on the 650, 700p.

    I am to lazy to remove the batt cover and batt on the Centro....

  5. Bobbyjams's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #5  
    If the Centro freezes, can you use mReset to reset the device or is removing the battery my only choice?

    thanks
  6. #6  
    Did he say "if the Centro freezes" ? Please direct your negative energy in THAT direction *pointing away from self* Please and thank you.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  7. #7  
    I was told by a Palm rep the following.

    Soft Reset:
    1. Open cover to expose battery (dont remove battery yet)
    2. Hold UP on the directional button with one hand.
    3. While still holding UP, Use free hand to remove battery and reinstall.
    4. Release UP button when Palm loading screen appears.


    Hope this helps...
  8. #8  
    how does one hard reset this device?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by JROXZ View Post
    I was told by a Palm rep the following.

    Soft Reset:
    1. Open cover to expose battery (dont remove battery yet)
    2. Hold UP on the directional button with one hand.
    3. While still holding UP, Use free hand to remove battery and reinstall.
    4. Release UP button when Palm loading screen appears.


    Hope this helps...
    This a system or warm reset. Not the same as soft reset.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    how does one hard reset this device?
    same as predecessors: hold power button while removing and replacing battery.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  11. Bobbyjams's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #11  
    I'm trying to avoid having to remove the cover and take out the battery.

    And Bek it's only a "just in case" prepare for the worst and you are never disappointed.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    same as predecessors: hold power button while removing and replacing battery.
    I need to do a hard reset to reinstall the calendar program and Versamail but doing the above doesn't work for me.

    Please advise.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    I need to do a hard reset to reinstall the calendar program and Versamail but doing the above doesn't work for me.
    From the Centro user guide:

    Hard Reset:
    1. Remove the battery from your device.
    2. Press and hold Power/End while
    reinserting the battery. (See “Replacing the
    Battery” on page 307 for details.)
    3. When the second Palm® logo appears,
    release Power/End .
    4. When the “Erase all data?” prompt appears,
    press Up to confirm the hard reset.
    5. If a “Reformatting in progress” message appears, do not touch your device until the
    process is complete. This may take up to ten minutes.
    6. Follow the onscreen instructions to align the screen and set the date and time.
    7. (Optional) If you want to confirm that the hard reset was successful, press
    Applications and select HotSync . (If you see your device name in the
    upper-right corner, the hard reset was not successful. If you do not see your device
    name, the reset was successful.)
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by chimmer View Post
    From the Centro user guide:

    Hard Reset:
    1. Remove the battery from your device.
    2. Press and hold Power/End while
    reinserting the battery. (See “Replacing the
    Battery” on page 307 for details.)
    3. When the second Palm® logo appears,
    release Power/End .
    4. When the “Erase all data?” prompt appears,
    press Up to confirm the hard reset.
    5. If a “Reformatting in progress” message appears, do not touch your device until the
    process is complete. This may take up to ten minutes.
    6. Follow the onscreen instructions to align the screen and set the date and time.
    7. (Optional) If you want to confirm that the hard reset was successful, press
    Applications and select HotSync . (If you see your device name in the
    upper-right corner, the hard reset was not successful. If you do not see your device
    name, the reset was successful.)
    Thank you. I ended up calling Sprint CS because I could not locate my manual.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

    Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom View Post
    Thank you. I ended up calling Sprint CS because I could not locate my manual.
    You can download the user guide (and get other info) from this link:

    http://www.palm.com/us/support/centro/centro_sprint
  16. #16  
    I think most of it has been addressed, but I'm surprised there's so much bad information in this one-page thread.

    I've sent a number of Treo-users to this forum for information, but maybe I should rethink that. I'd hate for them to ask how to do a SOFT or WARM reset, only to be told how to do a HARD reset.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  17. #17  
    I use Treo launcher app which has a built in soft reset option.


  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I've sent a number of Treo-users to this forum for information, but maybe I should rethink that. I'd hate for them to ask how to do a SOFT or WARM reset, only to be told how to do a HARD reset.
    Well, the post I responded to specifically asked how to do a hard reset.
  19. #19  
    Just to make sure though, if it is frozen, there is no software reset application that will get it going again - it is the battery route.

    Ben
  20. #20  
    Forgive my ignorance, but does a hard reset require you to call Sprint to set up your phone again for service?

    I installed the free Files file explorer app from the MyCentro icon on my phone and it worked until today when I installed then deleted a program from my memory card. Now when I tap on the Files icon, the phone resets itself instead of letting me see what's in my card.

    Was thinking a hard reset might remedy my problem, since a soft reset did nothing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions