1.    #1  
    Not sure if everyone knows or not, I received an update yesterday for the Sprint Mobile Email, and I now have access to Hotmail..... I set everything up, and its working so far.. Just wanted to let everyone know.....

The Version I have is 6.7.4.825
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    yep...i got the update a couple weeks ago...been working fine
    Scott K
    PalmPilot -> PalmPilotPro ->
    HandspringNeo w/ Sprint PCS Wireless Digital Link ->
    Treo 755p Blue -> Treo 800w

bmwr606@yahoo.com
    How do i find the update for the sprint email so i can use hotmail?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaime6166 View Post
    How do i find the update for the sprint email so i can use hotmail?
    Ditto
  5.    #5  
    If you go into the program and hit the menu key you'll see a drop down menu that will say check for updates. Or I noticed that if you do a manual receive of email, that it will notify you of the update and download it automatically. Hope that helps..

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    New to Treo's. Not sure what Sprint Mobile Email is. Is that the VersaMail application or are we talking about the messaging program (which looks like instant messaging to me)? Both of these are palm programs I believe. Since my power vision plan says unlimited Sprint Moble Email I would like to use it. In any case this old new guy needs some help.

Charlie
    You can try this thread: New BizzConn client for 755p
    Mobile users: Click here
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    CAn the Sprint Mobile Email application download attachments? And why can't I view jpg pictures - is there a setting for both someplace?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    CAn the Sprint Mobile Email application download attachments? And why can't I view jpg pictures - is there a setting for both someplace?
    Yes, it can download attachments, not sure why you can't view pics. It does do them, it downloads them to the built in pic viewer of the treo

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    People still use Hotmail?

It was great about 10 years ago before Microsoft bought it and completely screwed it up beyond repair. Now it's nearly unusable with all the MSN fluff smothering it, it's a spam magnet, pop3 access isn't there except by paying, minimal space only increased because of gmail....

I have a couple accounts there dating from pre-MSN, only reason to keep them is that Microsoft grandfathered the "free" Outlook pop3 access for ancient accounts. I forget they're there, but I love orphans and can't kill them.

Actually interesting to watch M$ make their properties more and more irrelevant as Google/Gmail eats their lunch by becoming the new "big brother" by giving pop3 and now IMAP access out for "free" (at the price of our souls, of course - which Microsoft wants us to PAY them to take).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    People still use Hotmail?

It was great about 10 years ago before Microsoft bought it and completely screwed it up beyond repair. Now it's nearly unusable with all the MSN fluff smothering it, it's a spam magnet, pop3 access isn't there except by paying, minimal space only increased because of gmail....

I have a couple accounts there dating from pre-MSN, only reason to keep them is that Microsoft grandfathered the "free" Outlook pop3 access for ancient accounts. I forget they're there, but I love orphans and can't kill them.

Actually interesting to watch M$ make their properties more and more irrelevant as Google/Gmail eats their lunch by becoming the new "big brother" by giving pop3 and now IMAP access out for "free" (at the price of our souls, of course - which Microsoft wants us to PAY them to take).
    I have G-Mail, Yahoo Mail, and a couple of others, but for now hotmail suits my needs. G-Mail is cool, not bad at all, and if I were to make the switch completely I would go with them first. But as for now, Hotmail is just fine with me. And with the Sprint Email app, it works great as far as notifying me of new mail. Feels like push and acts like push to me...

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Thanks to the OP for the heads up.

Despite having the settings set to show me the maximum number of messages (50), I am only getting 9 or 10 when I have many more messages in my Inbox.

Anyone else having the same issue?

------
    AHA, Under filters, select "Only download messages sent directly to me..." this is deselected by default.

Not sure why this makes a difference but now all 50 messages show up.

Anyone found a user guide for this app?
    Last edited by egn; 10/30/2007 at 07:35 AM.
    The last version I used I saved a letter to "drafts" went back to finish and no way to get to the drafts folder. Also it didn't work well with Gmail. I had to check a lot.
    The app is far from perfect. There are certain emails in my HM inbox that simply won't push/pull to the Treo no matter what I do. It also can't "see" email that is forwarded to individual folders. Nice app, but I'm keeping Glimmermail.
    It doesn't reliably and consistently download new mail messages from hotmail.

I tweaked the settings both ways and it still picks and chooses the mail it wants to download. If I were relying solely on this app for new messages, I would have missed some very important and time sensitive information. To make matters worse, much worse, the app has now caused my formerly problem free 755 to lag at the white screen when switching between apps. It has a 2 MB footprint and I still have 44.5 MB free RAM with it installed, but the lag and missed messages are not worth it.

Luckily I am grandfathered in and Glimmermail works so I'm sticking with it.