Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    In the past, I upgraded from a 650 to 700p. I copied my text messaging and phone call databases from old treo to new. Worked like a champ. Had over two years of history.

Well, on my new Centro, I copied over my texts database from my 700p and it worked but the phone call history db didn't.

Anybody do this or have any ideas?
    Thanks for the idea.

I tried, and I actually have the opposite problem.

I just copied PhoneCallDB.pdb from my 650 to my Centro. Worked fine. I can see my full call history. Except now on Sprint, I can't see call durations.

I also copied all the files that began with "SMS" including files that were obviously associated with specific phone numbers, but I can't see any SMS messages on my Centro. I suspect it's because the Centro uses a different app for SMS.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I also just tried to copy over from a 650 to a Centro - using NVBackup - anything with "SMS......" and I get no SMS messages when done.. I guess it is a new SMS/MMS app.. anyone else have success?

my phone log carried over perfect.
    The file for SMS history is called "Messages Database"
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    not really looking for a history as much as the messages, all of the chats I had going, to put onto the centro.

and on the 650, there is no such file... just SMS Messages2 and p4Messages and then several SMS_Tips, Addresses, Domains.

maybe you mean SMS Msg Database?
    you save your chats? doesn't that use up a lot of memory? is there a way to transcribe them to a memo and then save to desktop? Interesting...

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I save select chats for months yes... but I really save MMS the most as I get pictures I want to keep
    I guess its different on the 650, but on my 700p and Centro, the entire SMS database is contained in "Messages Database". Also, I don't like the chat feature, so I have that disabled, maybe thats why its different.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    read this thread for the solution that got me my SMS exactly as I had them! it cannot do MMS, just SMS.. but still free and kicks ****

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=165792