Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    When I first got the 755p, someone beamed something to me but I could not reciprocate. Months pass and last night I tried to beam some stuff to another friend with a 755p. The IR option was turned on for both units and the IR ports were facing each other, yet my Treo will eventually indicate that it hasn't detected anything to beam to.

Yes, I know that the IR is on the side and the Treos were both "awake".

Any similar issues?

Thanks...Rob
    Place witty signature here:
    Ya know, I think I have this issue, as well. Awhile back, I tried to beam my daughter a picture and it failed several times. I gave up and sent it via Bluetooth.

I will verify tonight.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I never realized that you can "beam" something via Bluetooth...even a app or file?
    Place witty signature here:
    Yes, tranferring files over BT is much more convenient since you don't have to be in close proximity (but closer than 30 ft.). However, it does take a little effort pairing the devices but you only need to do it once.

Although, I never have any problems with IR in my household. I always soft reset before any file transfer activity.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    With FileZ when you select send you get Beam, Bluetooth and email as options.

I lied above, my beam just worked both ways on a file and then with a photo.

FileZ = PalmOS freeware File Manger
    www.nosleep.net
    click on download
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/25/2007 at 04:47 PM.
    You can also select beam or send with the system. Under send you are given the Bluetooth or email options.
    Last edited by gtwo; 10/25/2007 at 04:05 PM.