1.    #1  
    I'm trying to download the ebook version of Slate onto my Ice VDx, but it appears that Slate (a Microsoft online magazine) is only supported by the Microsoft Reader ebook service for Pocket PC. Now, Palm has Peanut Press's ebook reader product, now designated the Palm Reader.

The questions: Are these products compatible? Can I download Slate and read it on a Palm OS product? If so, which one? How do I make this work?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    It's still 'Peanut Reader', so I would say no. You might be able to configure "Slate" as an Avantgo channel, if it's not already available in that form.
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."
    Do you think that Microsoft is actually going to make the Reader available to the Palm OS when they are pushing Win CE?

I think I have seen this fight before...
    Originally posted by flips13
    Do you think that Microsoft is actually going to make the Reader available to the Palm OS when they are pushing Win CE?

I think I have seen this fight before...
    They've made MSN available to Blazer users. MS is hedging their bets when it comes the the PPC. Given the popularity of Slate, I was surprised when I couldn't find a ready-made avantgo channel (I looked for only about 2 minutes). While I'm pretty sure that they'll never develop applications for the PalmOS (they can't write them that small!!), I do think they'll continue to stick their fingers into as many pies as possible as a part of their .Net Master Plan (MUHAHAHAHA! )
  5.    #5  
    Good point on AvantGo. Slate puts their "Daily Papers" column on AvantGo, but the "ebook" (which I'm learning is a loosely defined term, from a software standard point of view...) version combines all new content posted on the site within the last 7 days. Which is what I wanted.

So, it appears that the Palm and Pocket PC "ebook reader" software programs are not compatible. Oh well - thanks for your help.
    Have you tried configuring your own channel?
    "I am a debtor both to Greeks and to Barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish."