Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone successfully get Chatter configured to work with gmail's new imap server?
    I don't get what the difference would be, at least from a Chatter/Versamail world. Faster?
    Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Samsung i300 > Samsung i330 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p
    I didn't know about this, I hope it works, so I can ditch my fastmail acct...
    HTC Touch Pro
  4.    #4  
    I actually did get it to work and Chattermail provides push access to imap servers. This means you can get push email directly to the treo now instead of relaying it to a third party imap company such as fastmail. I actually have gotten it to work now, and it works great. The only problem is that I went back to the chattermail application on my 755p and it seems that it kills battery.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Why not just go to m.gmail.com?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Finally!

I actually just went through the exercise of setting up AOL accounts just to use as IMAP forwards for my Gmail, I'm much happier to use it natively though it looks like domains don't have IMAP yet (or at least mine doesn't).

IMAP 4 has an IDLE option, basically it sits on an open connection for as long as your phone is up so your mail can be delivered immediately. It isn't true push, but it is instantaneous so the difference is just splitting hairs. I'm glad they finally decided to turn it on.

I had my two accounts loading to my 755p polling every 10-15 minutes and would drain my battery in 9 hours or less; with my AOL forwards (past two weeks) using IMAP IDLE I can run 14-16 hours. Not a lot better (good enough though since now I consistently can get home and put it on the charger) but that time difference is completely attributable to running Chatteremail with IMAP IDLE instead of Versamail with polling. I recognize that Sprint gave me a cheap refurb battery. =(

The m.gmail.com web is fine except it's a pain to use more than briefly, IMO; more generally it requires a stable network connection, and doesn't automatically provide notification of receipt. It is fine for what it is but I really like my text-based e-mail apps, not to mention attachments and whatnot with good integration.
    I logged into all my gmail accounts today, haven't seen IMAP available on one of them yet. Wonder when they'll have it substantially rolled out...?
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I have chatter working with my Gmail and my Aol accounts, both IMAP.

When I first set up the Gmail account in chatter, I had the same problem as everybody else. It would only download 10 or so emails then display the # of emails left to download. I messed around with the settings and nothing worked. Then I just decided to just leave it alone for a good half hour and next thing you know I have all my emails in the folder. Attachments worked and I loaded them too.

The only thing thats different is that the blue envelope in the bottom right has a lock on it now, while my Aol account doesn't. When I tap on the envelope it says "This Mailbox is communicating securely using MatrixSSL(tm), which allows both foreground and background SSL operation".

I sent and received emails from my Gmail. My Gmail's are getting pushed to my phone so I'm happy about that.

I don't have any special settings except for SSL enabled for both ports. I hope this helps.
  9. jcd
    Google says it's not compatible with VersaMail (why the hell not?) but has anyone gotten it working? I don't have the IMAP option on my account yet but as soon as I do I'll try it.

BIGGER THREAD HERE: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=154882
    Last edited by jcd; 10/25/2007 at 05:19 PM.
    I still don't have the imap option either.
    Matty
    I LOVE using my email on my treo now, thanks google!
    me want, me want, me want!!!

Looked again tonight and still no dice. Funny thing is, the other day when I checked there was an ad above my mail telling me that IMAP was being offered.

Oh Gmail, you big tease!!!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Versamail works with Gmail IMAP on my 755p. Make sure you follow these instructions. Gmail uses SSL and ports that are different from the defaults. You'll need to go to advanced setting in Versamail.
    John Seay
    I am not a Chatter client so these questions pertain to just good ole Versamail. No, I have no desire to be a chatter client either.
    So if I set up my Gmail however long ago as POP do I need to delete it and re-set it up as IMAP? Or can I just go into Versamail and leave it as the category of POP (the first screen where you give it a name), but then go ahead and change all of the settings over to the IMAP settings?
    If I chose not to go the IMAP route do I want to disable that in Gmail - I just checked and it is live for me - and leave POP enabled. Right now I think they are both enabled or I did not disable the POP. What will happen with those settings?
    I don't get a lot of Gmail or use it a whole lot, but if/when I do get a message I would want it to come through to Versamail.
    Thanks.
    I set Versamail to the deaults in the gmail link and activated IMAP on Gmail but when Click "get" I can only get one letter at a time. Any clues?
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Could someone post the LATEST version of Java Gmail app?

For some reason, on my new 755p, the gmail site, it says my phone is not compatible.
    Im using an older build of Gmail java app.

Imap is nice for Gmail , but I have millions of Gmails and need to search through them. Can't do that with imap... using Agendus Mail, and would rather avoid Blazer to use web gmail.

Looking for the latest Gmail standalone Java app.
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Actually,
    Found the resolution...
    I now have Gmail Java App 1.5 on my 755p , see link..

http://www.palminfocenter.com/news/8...lient-updated/
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Finally got the IMAP option. However you must use a PC to see it. You can't see it in settings with Blazer. Or at least I couldn't. Set it up with the instructions in the link posted earlier. Using Versamail. However, when I delete a message in VM, it does not delete on the gmail site. When I tell it to sync folders, the only option is the inbox. Anyone out there doing a better job than me, on setting this up?
    Matty
    Gmail says that IMAP with VersaMail isn't supported..

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...26&topic=12761

It does work with Sprint Mobile Email though.
    Got IMAP working with Snappermail. This is a great enhancement to gmail.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast