Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Could not get Versamail to download the folders, or sync with any folders other than inbox. So I installed the Sprint Email for Gmail, until Palm comes out with the Versamail update.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    What advantages are you getting with Snappermail and Imap versus Snappermail and pop access?
    \

Quote Originally Posted by balzanto View Post
    Got IMAP working with Snappermail. This is a great enhancement to gmail.
    The Sprint email program keeps mapping itself to the email button, where I still have VM with my work email mapped. Pain in the ****, so I had to delete Sprint email. Guess I will have to wait for Palm to update versamail, after all.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh View Post
    What advantages are you getting with Snappermail and Imap versus Snappermail and pop access?
    I'm using Gmail-IMAP with Chatter but this comment would apply to Snapper as well. The real advantage is with IMAP itself if you access your e-mail from multiple devices. I'm in Gmail from my Treo, Outlook and a web browser, depending on what I'm doing at the time, and it is in that scenario that IMAP shines since everything remains synced across all the platforms. If I only used one method 100% of the time to access my e-mail, IMAP probably wouldn't have much advantage over POP other then the instant mail delivery IMAP provides.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12