Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Had a Plantronics 510 bluetooth headset which I used to love with my Treo 650, because of the longer mic and better resistance to wind noise.

When I got the Treo 700p it would constantly disconnect. Even after the 1.10 MR it wouldn't work correctly.

Got my Centro today and now the Plantronics 510 is working again.

BT is definitely better on the Centro.
    Hope your positive experience continues. Referring to Palm products in general, Plantronics tech support told me that the pairing of the 510 with Treo's can get progressively worse until they may not pair at all. They did say, however, that about 1% of the Treos will work fine. Do you feel lucky?
    good thing we don't have Treos anymore. We have Centros

Guess I'll find out tomorrow how good my 510 works with it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4.    #4  
    I can definitely tell if the 510 is working with a treo. With the 700p (pre and post MR), the 510 would disconnect right after each phone call.
    I also feel the Bluetooth is better on the Centro (comparing to the 755P). My 755P would disconnect from my Dock-N-Talk for no apparent reason...sort of at will. I haven't had that issue so far with the Centro.

I haven't tried my bluetooth headset yet but will follow up once I do.

Overall the Centro feels much more stable, and though smaller, in its own way it feels more solid.

So while it might be my imagination, I definitely think the bluetooth seems more stable on the Centro. I feel lucky!!
    I hope you are right. The lousy bluetooth has been my most frustrating experience with the 700P. All the other quirks are minor in comparison. I have about a year left on my 700P contract. By then we will know how much better the Centro is. Or whether the iPhone is really toxic (Ha!Ha!).
    Quote Originally Posted by b.ionian View Post
    I hope you are right. The lousy bluetooth has been my most frustrating experience with the 700P. All the other quirks are minor in comparison. I have about a year left on my 700P contract. By then we will know how much better the Centro is. Or whether the iPhone is really toxic (Ha!Ha!).
    I think most of know how much better the Centro is now -- no need to wait a year for that answer.
    My Palm phones: i500 --> i550 --> 650 --> 700p --> Centro
    FWIW: I have had the Motorola H700 for almost a week now. The device works well with the Treo because when you close the boom, you turn the H700 off. Opening the mic turns it back on, and the H700 nudges the 700P and says, "hey you- wake up!." I had some trouble pairing the H700 once, but I think it may be related to a low battery on the headset.

I do believe the Plantronics 510 is the most comfortable piece I have ever worn, and I love the boom mic. But as Mogulman said, it would frequently disconnect after calls.
    Bluetooth is definately working better with the Centro. I had the 700P and 700WX previously. My Plantronics 510 would frequently disconnect and unpair with the P and WX, and I had alot of problems with my Motorola H700 as well. No problems with the Centro. The 510 and H700 pick up the calls right away, with no disconnect.
    LOL @ vandoc!!!

Is that your "bluetooth set up" in your avi????
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    LOL @ vandoc!!!

Is that your "bluetooth set up" in your avi????
    No its a hands free phone..........
    My motorola headset works better with my Centro than all previous BT Treos I've owned since BT was an option on them. Even better than my previous 755p. I used to have 3 or 4 seconds of silence from the time I switched to the headset, before it would route the call over. I usually missed part of the conversation. The Centro, on the other hand, routes the call to the BT headset immediately.
    Wish I could find my H700. That thing is so damn small. My Voyager 510 while pairing better with the Centro is cutting out intermittently on people which I think is a problem with the 510 and not the Treo. I can actually hear the thing cut in and out when people tell me they can and can't hear me. Think I should call Plantronics on that. It should be under warranty.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  14.    #14  
    I ended up getting a Plantronics Voyager 520 to replace my 510. Seems to be working great so far.
    WEP200 works GREAT except it's not very loud on the receiving end from what I can tell with my own test...
    There's NO static on this unit and I've had a great deal of static on all my BT devices and all previous Treos (650, 750, 755) - Centro is NIGHT and DAY different.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    I can't say enough great things about the BlueAnt Z9, which I reviewed here (and there's one on TC too).

With the latest firmware update (3.2), sounds is perfect and the mics work very well, plus that whole noise cancellation thing is great.

No issues with the Centro (even if there were, the Z9 does a force auto-reconnect, which is great for the older Treos with BT issues).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Has anyone been able to usethe plantronics 590a with the centro?
    Quote Originally Posted by meir602 View Post
    Has anyone been able to usethe plantronics 590a with the centro?
    I'm having the same problem - I love the Centro so far but I really want to use my Plantronics 590A headset ; does anyone have any idea if it's possible ? thanks
  19.    #19  
    None of the Palm OS devices have Stereo Bluetooth profiles, so you can't use them without 3rd party software. Softick Audio Gateway has the Stereo Profile (A2DP). Not sure how well it works on the Centro.
    Works fine for pTunes but can't deal with Sprint TV. I posted on the SAG support forum and am hoping to hear back. But I fear it's a CPU speed issue.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast