1. FB4
    Well I downloaded the demo and of course it does not work on the Centro. I tried IM+ but it is ghastly looking in comparison. Has anyone successfully have it working on their Centro? I hate to buy something now not knowing if its going to take weeks or months for the phone to be supported.

Thanks!
    MunduIM demo is version 4.0.0 and won't work on a Centro.

MunduIM 4.0.1 build 10688 works on the Centro with some bluetooth pop ups every once in a while. Another poster said MunduIM 4.0.1 (build?) with the update for the 755 works with the same bluetooth pop ups.

I understand that Geodesic is updating MunduIM for use on the Centro.

I've seen a Beta copy for the Centro(from the Mundu Developer's)version somewhere, v4.1.0 11046...Let me look & see...

*update*
    Here's what I found, hope this helps. Apparently the zip file is to big to upload here, so here's the LINK
    Last edited by reverendrhino; 10/24/2007 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Added info
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Gizmo is free and better than Mundo. It actually let me IM in Cchinese.
    blah... tried Gizmo and got tired of gateways that didn't emulate functionality completely enough.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Gizmo is cool simply because I can IM in Chinese and it's free. It was a bit of a pain setting it up, but it works fine now .
    my free/ hacked version of verichat still works great! I wonder if it works on centro...
    That Mundu beta (linked above) works great on my AT&T Centro. And for only $11, who can complain?
    NEW version of Mundu is out 11346 I belive, it works GREAT!

(well just installed it, so far so good)

--it seems to keep the sound preference (did not keep it last ver)
    -also seems to be much snappier in browsing my 200+ contacts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    NEW version of Mundu is out 11346 I belive, it works GREAT!

(well just installed it, so far so good)

--it seems to keep the sound preference (did not keep it last ver)
    -also seems to be much snappier in browsing my 200+ contacts
    trim81... Having burnt my fingers with MunduIM I can say... an IMer is supposed to IM... not play MP3s, browse contacts faster, or make your breakfast.

So... does it IM better?
    It's intereesting because I noticed that this build seems to recognize *some* of the MP3's in my sound list but not others. :-) I agree though that most of them would be way too long to be useful as IM notifications.

Overall, I'm pleased with how this build has behaved on my 680 as opposed to the best of the beta builds. I still had my license so decided to give this GA version a whirl.

I've actually taken to running *both* Mundu (for Yahoo, ICQ, MSN, AIM, and Gtalk) and IM+ (3.2 for Jabber/SSL) because IM+ seems a bit unstable in the reconnection department (as was mundu 4.0) but Mundu can't do SSL with Jabber (needed for work).

Interestingly enough both have done well together running in the backgroun at the same time. That's on top of my usual ChatterEmail maddness. So... maybe the answer is two rather than one? Hmm....
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw View Post
    It's intereesting because I noticed that this build seems to recognize *some* of the MP3's in my sound list but not others. :-) I agree though that most of them would be way too long to be useful as IM notifications.

Overall, I'm pleased with how this build has behaved on my 680 as opposed to the best of the beta builds. I still had my license so decided to give this GA version a whirl.

I've actually taken to running *both* Mundu (for Yahoo, ICQ, MSN, AIM, and Gtalk) and IM+ (3.2 for Jabber/SSL) because IM+ seems a bit unstable in the reconnection department (as was mundu 4.0) but Mundu can't do SSL with Jabber (needed for work).

Interestingly enough both have done well together running in the backgroun at the same time. That's on top of my usual ChatterEmail maddness. So... maybe the answer is two rather than one? Hmm....
    I wish IM+ didn't immediately crash on me when launching it on my Treo... I've sent multiple crash reports to them, each time they say thanks, then a few weeks later ask for another.. Sigh..