Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So Google's finally implemented IMAP on Gmail! Has anybody got in working on Versa, Chatter or Snapper yet? I won't be able to try mine for hours, but I'm dying to know.
    According to gmail:

Palm handheld users: please note that Gmail IMAP access is not currently compatible with VersaMail.

I have it set up on my versa mail and it seems to be working. I do not know what it is supposed to do differently.
    it works on my versa, both receiving and sending are fine.

just be careful, when you first set up the account, don't tell versa your email address is ***@gmail.com, it will directly use versa's default pop server settings for gmail.

instead, type in a different address ***@gm.com or whatever.
    This is awesome! It appears that I got it to work too. I'm wondering though... I assume this'll give push email now? Haven't had time to fully test it.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I figured out how to get Snappermail to work with my gmail for my domain. I am thinking I can ditch my fasmail "in-between" now.
    I get incoming, but I can't send. I get errors. What port are you using? How about push? are you getting them right away? I'm not...
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    I get incoming, but I can't send. I get errors. What port are you using? How about push? are you getting them right away? I'm not...

Got the outgoing to work. You have to check both the SSL box and the one underneath it for outgoing.

How about push? How long is it supposed to take to receive these emails? Do I have to change any settings in versamail to get it to push the emails?
    IMAP's still not available under my settings. Did you guys have to log out and back in for it to show up or was it just there?
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    it was just there for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    IMAP's still not available under my settings. Did you guys have to log out and back in for it to show up or was it just there?
    google is working on it, it will take a few days.
    OK, I hate to ask again, but I know we're all excited to get this working. WHAT ABOUT PUSH? Push is not working for me with this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if push doesn't work, why the hell use this?
    Works with Chatter.

Though some of the HTML is not getting decoded properly (unrelated?).

I'm not sure if I'll keep it online/synced or use QuickSync every 60mins. Probably the latter as I think the other way will chew up battery life on the Centro.

MisterB: IMAP is faster and much, much more efficient than POP will ever be. POP is okay for desktop, but IMAP is better for mobile. Basically this means faster syncs and increased battery life since your radio is not being used as much, it's a pretty big deal for mobile users.

Plus you get live syncing of the folders/inboxes: delete one in Gmail, it'll delete on your Centro and vice versa. You also get full folder support.

I'm not sure if this IMAP is IMPA Idle e.g. Push, but it's still better than POP.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    A few at SUers report that IMAP DOES WORK with Chatter Email.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Same problem for me with HTML not decoding properly in Chatter. Other than that, it works great. Marc (if you're checking in on this forum): Any thoughts on the HTML issue?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    It's push. I don't quite understand what IDLE is (though I've seen the term used), but I can confirm that GMail with Chatter equals push email. Exciting stuff.
    YES!!!!!!!!! Gmail and Chatter work perfectly. Push is there, and everything syncs between the device, and even Thunderbird. It's freaky. If I delete it from the Treo, instantly it is deleted from Thunderbird. The reverse is also the case! This is the best upgrade ever.

Forget mail2web. Forget blackberry. This is awesome!

Thanks!
    Last edited by MisterB; 10/24/2007 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Works with Chatter.

Though some of the HTML is not getting decoded properly (unrelated?).

I'm not sure if I'll keep it online/synced or use QuickSync every 60mins. Probably the latter as I think the other way will chew up battery life on the Centro.

MisterB: IMAP is faster and much, much more efficient than POP will ever be. POP is okay for desktop, but IMAP is better for mobile. Basically this means faster syncs and increased battery life since your radio is not being used as much, it's a pretty big deal for mobile users.

Plus you get live syncing of the folders/inboxes: delete one in Gmail, it'll delete on your Centro and vice versa. You also get full folder support.

I'm not sure if this IMAP is IMPA Idle e.g. Push, but it's still better than POP.
    Thank you so much. It is working with Chatter perfectly. What a nice thing to have!
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post

This is my question also. Where is it showing up for those of you who see it? I have Chatter set up for my Gmail and have for a long time now, but I don't see anything to change.. I don't really NEED push on my gmail accounts, but I'd like to see how it goes..
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    It sounded great. I wish mine stop rebooting the 650. I am on Chatter Mail version 3.0.6.1 and when I have it running, my Treo would reboot every few minutes. I still haven't figure out what's wrong with it.
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Can somebody post a little step by step on how to set it up with chatter.
    In the imap server, do we put imap.gmail.com:993 or just imap.gmail.com

I tried it but only synced about 10 emails and not the rest. That's weird, I thought it would sync all emails or nothing at all. I also can't send emails.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast