1.    #1  
    My centro has been woking great for almost a week but now it is starting to pause in launcher when using the 5 way to navigate. It is doing it when moving through fields in programs too. Almost seems like something is using the processor hard. The symptoms are similar to what I was experiencing using numerous 755P's. The only thing that changed is: I had Acid-Image installed and then installed the Pro vs. I found that both programs were installed so I used North Gluide Uninstall to get rid of the standard vs.

One difference between this and the treo's is that it still switches from phone to launcher to today and mail quickly. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I spent a ot of time trying to get the 755P's to run the apps I need without long lags. I finally gave up. This one has been flawless until today.
    Last edited by MobileBiz; 10/24/2007 at 09:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    What have you recently installed? I experienced similar lags with my 755 after I installed an old app "treohelper" that was incompatable. Even after I uninstalled with "Uninstall Manager, " I still got lag. Only way to fix was to hard reset and installed a backup from a few days prior.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    I agree with ink....

You have something installed that is updating or accessing the Web.

I have not seen any lags or white screens since I got the Centro on Oct. 15th.

4.    #4  
    Well everything seems great now. Whatever it was it stopped. That's a relief. This thing is so much better than my experience with several 755's.
    Last edited by MobileBiz; 10/24/2007 at 08:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I am having a delay sometimes when I go into blazer. It is not all the time like it was on my 700. When I click on a link in an email is when I really notice it. I did a clean install on the Centro but I did restore my web bookmarks and cookies. I don't think I had the delays until I did that. But overall it is much quicker than the 700.
    Some people say that blazer is faster in rendering pages but I don't believe that mine is faster. That could be because I am usually not in an EVDO area.
    I have had a few glitches too. Once or twice had a lag going to Blazer. More bothersome though, is that sometimes when typing an email, it just freezes and takes no input. Have to wait 5-10 seconds for it to wake up. Although the Centro is not "perfect", in spite of these issues it is WAY better than the 700p it replaced. Which incidently I never actually bought, Sprint gave it to me when my 650 was stolen (insurance), because they no longer had 650's.
    I thought it was just me, but I was noticing something with my wife's Centro while messing around with it. I also was using Mobile XT and my BT Mobile10X GPS, and it would "pause" for a few seconds, then drop the BT connection with the GPS.

I'll keep tabs on it...
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I have some lag too. all im running is butler, technician, and ultimate phone. did a hard reset and reloaded but still lag going from app to app.
  9.    #9  
    Mine is now doing this very, very rarely. I think someone was correct when they said I have some application that is accessing the data connection. This Centro has been very solid.
    Palm should come out with a treo that has a 624mhz processor in it. That would stop the lags.
    David
    I lookup a contact, modify one line and tap DONE. It takes 22 seconds before it responds to right click.

No new software added other than Palm AW Card game. What's going on?
    FastFrank
    System Reset does not eliminate the delay.
    FastFrank
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFrank View Post
    I lookup a contact, modify one line and tap DONE. It takes 22 seconds before it responds to right click.

No new software added other than Palm AW Card game. What's going on?
    Are you using Versamail's Exchange Active sync? Also, are you using Nuance Voice Control? Both of these programs have to sync-up whenever you change the contact database in any way. This is the cause of the delay in the contacts application.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro View Post
    Are you using Versamail's Exchange Active sync? Also, are you using Nuance Voice Control? Both of these programs have to sync-up whenever you change the contact database in any way. This is the cause of the delay in the contacts application.
    I use Versamail with EAS and just edited 5 contacts with zero lag between each edit and after finishing, I hit the Home button and zero lag as well. The changes take place to the server the next time it syncs. I have it set to sync as items arrive. So, when an new email comes in the changes will be made on the server.

I think there's something else on his Centro that is causing the lag in contacts.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I use Versamail with EAS and just edited 5 contacts with zero lag between each edit and after finishing, I hit the Home button and zero lag as well. The changes take place to the server the next time it syncs. I have it set to sync as items arrive. So, when an new email comes in the changes will be made on the server.

I think there's something else on his Centro that is causing the lag in contacts.
    I trerd to find the option you spoke of "sync as items arrive" but I cant seem to find it. Could you give me a little direction as to how to set it? (I already have my mail all set up but right now im using the sync every hour method)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME50 View Post
    I trerd to find the option you spoke of "sync as items arrive" but I cant seem to find it. Could you give me a little direction as to how to set it? (I already have my mail all set up but right now im using the sync every hour method)

Thanks
    In your EAS account, go to Menu/Options/Preferences/Auto Sync. Select 'As Items Arrive' in the Every pulldown.

This is only for Exchange Active Sync accounts, not for POP.
    In your EAS account, go to Menu/Options/Preferences/Auto Sync. Select 'As Items Arrive' in the Every pulldown.

This is only for Exchange Active Sync accounts, not for POP.
    Strange, in my every pull down options mine only shows as follows:

5 mins.
    15 mins.
    30 mins.
    1 hour
    2 hours
    3 hours
    6 hours
    and 12 hours
    I have NO option for "as items arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME50 View Post
    Strange, in my every pull down options mine only shows as follows:

5 mins.
    15 mins.
    30 mins.
    1 hour
    2 hours
    3 hours
    6 hours
    and 12 hours
    I have NO option for "as items arrive
    It sounds like it's not an EAS account. If it is, it should be above the 5 mins.
    It sounds like it's not an EAS account. If it is, it should be above the 5 mins.
    Thanks, I wasnt sure if it was or not. Hey Thanks again for lookin out for me