Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello all,

Was thinking of maybe trying the full body skin from shieldzone. If anyone out there has any expierence, shout back.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sab003 View Post
    Hello all,

Was thinking of maybe trying the full body skin from shieldzone. If anyone out there has any expierence, shout back.

Thanks!
    I had several Treos for years. I recently got an iPhone and put an invisible shield on it. I like it quite a bit. I found the application process a little bit painstaking (you spray the phone with liquid before you apple the skin), but after it got in, it's been great. Obviously, it's not going to provided the same shock absorbency as a case if you drop your phone, but its ability to protect against scratches is amazing. Also, it gives your phone a little bit of a tacky feel, which makes it much harder to drop.

On the whole, I'm a big fan of the invisible shield.

Oh, one more thing. The screen protector portion, like the rest, has a little bit of a texture to it to see through. It isn't quite as transparent as, say, a boxwave screen protector.
    I just received the "Full" shield last night from Shieldzone. Absolutely no documentation for the many parts they include. Poorly designed fit for many parts and MOST of the edges and corners have no shield!!

Very poor value. The Bodyguardz shield on this site's store looks like it has much better coverage from the little graphic they show.

I do have an email into them to see if maybe they forgot to send half the parts. If not this thing is going back. Hopefully I can get the screen off without lifting the built-in protector off. This stuff is REALLY stuck down.
    I looked at and bought the BodyGuardz on eBay, but I returned it just when the silicone skins were announced. I would've kept the Guardz if I didn't go silicone. The Guardz look like they would be a good solution. Silicone is great!
    I am tempted to get silicone, but I think that would add too much bulk for me and I dislike how the one I have for my Sansa e280 gets grime underneath of it then starts sliding around.

I love the Shieldzone (at least the parts that it is covering) and hope they can provide the rest of the shield.
    I should be getting a full Invisible Shield for my Centro for Xmas. I'll post again if I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by strobeyprobey View Post
    I just received the "Full" shield last night from Shieldzone. Absolutely no documentation for the many parts they include. Poorly designed fit for many parts and MOST of the edges and corners have no shield!!
    I have a Shieldzone on my iPod video, and there is very little exposed iPod...only on a corner or two where I didn't quite apply it evenly. Can you post pics of your phone or the areas you're unhappy with?

At first I thought the BodyGuardz was better because they give you 2 full body and 3 screen protectors, but then I thought...why? If one is good enough and should last, why include the extras? I know the Shieldzone on my iPod isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Also, I don't notice anything different about how the iPod's screen looks with the Shield in place. Do you think the Centro will be different...I mean, a screen's a screen, right?

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    I ordered a ShieldZone like a month ago, never got it

But I emailed customer care and they UPS'd me out a replacement--no hassle, very friendly.

It finally showed and I'm going to probably put it on tonight, so I'll post my reactions in a couple of days or so.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Update:

Installed the Skin on Friday night...

It covers about 90% of the device. True, some small gaps are present, but I would say the majority of the surface, especially contact points in your pocket, are covered.

Understand, this won't obviously protect against drops, but rather against key scratches and stuff like that.

Overall, I'm pleased with it. It took about 20 mins to install as there were 13 pieces--2 for each side for the silver trim, 1 for the camera/speaker area, 1 for the battery cover, 4 around the screen, etc. I had no issues on installation and it dried just fine.

I'm a big fan of these skins. Use them on Nano, PSP, Moto Q, etc. and all have held up. I have not, however, put on the screen protector as (1) I don't think I need it (2) Not a big fan of this material on touch screen devices, but I may change my mind later.

$25 is a bit steep, but I'm happy with the product and the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Update:

Installed the Skin on Friday night...
    Thanks for the review!

Wow, 13 pieces!? I too was wondering if the screen protector portion was necessary. If I get a ShieldZone for Xmas I'll post my thoughts, and maybe some pics.

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    2 pieces for the silver trim? You don't mean the button area, do you?
  11. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Wow. I wonder how this compares to the Body Guardz which looks to be in 4 separate pieces (batt cover, top half of back, top half of front and bottom half of front)
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave View Post
    2 pieces for the silver trim? You don't mean the button area, do you?
    Button area is not touched at all--by silver trim, I meant the speaker/camera area and side silver trim (and a bit of the top corners)

I thought about posting some pics, but clear-on-black makes it difficult

They only sent me 11 pieces and I am very unimpressed with the dimensions of the pieces. The peice that goes around the antenna port rubber is short by an eighth of an inch by the camera portion. Then the large battery cover is short by 1/8" in the bottom left corner right near the lanyard port. And there is a few other cuts that just don't line up.

Anyway, I did put the screen protector on and it is pretty nice. I do see some hairline scratches in it which I have no idea how they got there since I keep it in my pocket with no other objects.

Do you have coverage on the bottom at all near the connector?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    I think BodyGuardz is a better product. They have good reviews. You can find them on eBay too.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have the bodyguardz on my centro and love it. It appears to be a much better fit than the Shieldzone product. There are fewer pieces, but it provides better coverage IMO. It's not perfect coverage if you just lay down and fold over the protectors. BUT you can easily make it close to perfect coverage protection but pulling on the protector and strecthing it a bit. At the end, the only things not covered by BodyGuardz are:
    Front: keyboard
    Sides: side buttons, IR port, SD cover
    Top: mute switch, stylus, that rubber thing on other corner
    Back: camera lens, mirror, speaker phone
    Bottom: sync port

Like I said I love it. No bulk. Nice grippy feel, but not tacky. The only negative I would say is if you use their screen protector, your stylus cannot glide across the protector, but you can simply use a different screen protector.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    You can find them on eBay too.
    Not for the Centro.
    Someone said on a review that the Bodyguardz cover the mic hole. Can someone confirm this?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    That's right. Mic is covered. I forgot to mention that last negative tidbit. I didn't realize it was covered after I applied it till people complained not hearing me. A pin and good pointed scisssors easily fixed that.
    They only sent me 11 pieces and I am very unimpressed with the dimensions of the pieces. The peice that goes around the antenna port rubber is short by an eighth of an inch by the camera portion. Then the large battery cover is short by 1/8" in the bottom left corner right near the lanyard port. And there is a few other cuts that just don't line up.

Anyway, I did put the screen protector on and it is pretty nice. I do see some hairline scratches in it which I have no idea how they got there since I keep it in my pocket with no other objects.

maybe you didn't put the right pieces at the right spots.... i looked at your pictures and compared it to my centro and the only one i dont have covered as well is the bottom, under the spacebar, right above the connectors.... and also, i got 12 pieces with mine.

Huh. If you're talking about Shieldzone...

You're bottom left pic: mine wraps around right to the headphone jack, covering all the "silver" part.

Bottom right is what I have.

My top corners are covered and wrap around to the top. I still have 1/8 gaps between the pieces but certainly more coverage than yours. You're basically missing the side pieces. Like I said, all my silver metal is covered. But I don't have any coverage below the KB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast