Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Link to story from The Register

And link to Google Help Pages

A quick edit to say that not all accounts have the IMAP facility enabled yet.
    Last edited by Pulster; 10/24/2007 at 07:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    IMAP + IDLE for Chatter?
    Yes, indeed.

Marc
    Woo hoo, mine works!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    This is great...

One question: How does one expand the [Gmail] folder in Chatteremail?

- mvk
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    If you add a mailbox to the account - move right on the d-pad and the sub folders will show.
    Sweet!!!
    Finally!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I just saw this on the Gmail site. I didn't know it just happened, like today! Sweet, except my account doesn't show the IMAP option yet. Yeah, "...over the next few days."

Anyway, I'm stoked!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    My IMAP bits weren't showing then I read a comment on The Register that said to change my language settings from English (UK) to English (US) - tried that and there they were, most weird
    I'm still waiting for my account to be enabled! This is going to rock, I've been waiting for this! Now we just need OTA Google Calender syncing but idk where they would start with that one!

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    Now we just need OTA Google Calender syncing but idk where they would start with that one!
    They'd probably start here. The only part of GooSync that is lacking is an option to schedule syncs...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Quote Originally Posted by McTreo View Post
    I just saw this on the Gmail site. I didn't know it just happened, like today! Sweet, except my account doesn't show the IMAP option yet. Yeah, "...over the next few days."

Anyway, I'm stoked!

Mac
    Just re-log in(Log in, log out, log in), it should show up...mine did. It works well

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulster View Post
    If you add a mailbox to the account - move right on the d-pad and the sub folders will show.
    Thanks... that did it. - mvk
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    Just re-log in(Log in, log out, log in), it should show up...mine did. It works well
    How many times? Where is that wild goose?

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Anxiously awaiting for them to flip my IMAP bit.

Any 'tricks' you may see on the net for getting it to appear just works for people whom google have flipped the IMAP bit for.
    Actually, it did take twice for me, and for the rest of you...don't forget to check the SSL on the IMAP & SMTP section in Chatter or it won't connect.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I too can't see the IMAP option. I wonder if the person who kept on logging in and out just had it activated as a coincidence.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    I too can't see the IMAP option. I wonder if the person who kept on logging in and out just had it activated as a coincidence.
    Bingo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Bingo.
    Maybe, cause my other Gmail account hasn't activated yet, but I also read it here:
    Read the end of the story

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast