Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Marc, thanks for looking at the Base64/HTML error. Another question --- I'd love to be able to expose the GMail Archive/Trash ability by using the Chatter ability to move Spam to a certain Folder and Trash to another Folder in the Edit Server screen. (http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...7&topic=12762).

The issue is that [Gmail]/Spam and [Gmail]/[Trash] aren't available in the Folder list, and I'm not really sure what the current 'Delete message' action will do. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    rk
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    I know about all of these issues; unsurprisingly, they are all related (i.e. they are one problem). I'll take a look when I can and see what's involved in making it better.

Marc
    Thanks Marc, this would be much appreciated!
    Anyone have an experience using IMAP Gmail with either Snapper or the Sprint email program?

I'm interested in knowing if either of those support IDLE and what the battery drain is like compared to other options discussed.
    I belive the problem Marc is referring too is below. I had this same issue with Thunderbird and gmail IMAP, and following the advise in google groups i was able to correct it. From google groups:
    Google's IMAP server under reports the attachement size, and TB only
    downloads the reported size. I already reported this problem to
    Google, but, until it is fixed, the workaround is to set a hidden
    preference in Thunderbird.

>From the TB advanced settings, click on 'Config Editor' button.

Enter 'chunk' in the filter box. You should see a preference named
    "mail.server.default.fetch_by_chunks". Toggle it to false, or create
    a new preference named "mail.server.serverXX.fetch_by_chunks", where
    the XX is the ID of the Google IMAP server account in Thunderbird.

It may not help with messages already received, but future attachments
    should be good.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I know you've stopped active development on Chatter, but I (and I'm sure many, many others) would appreciate it if little (well, I hope they're little...) things like this could be fixed. Chatter is a fantastic application. Thanks, Marc.
    Marc, out of intellectual curiosity, what are the details of the issue?
    Sprint Treos 300->600->650->700p
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
    ATT Galaxy Skyrocket (current)
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hersko View Post
    Anyone have an experience using IMAP Gmail with either Snapper or the Sprint email program?

I'm interested in knowing if either of those support IDLE and what the battery drain is like compared to other options discussed.
    I am trying IMAP Gmail with Sprint Mobile Email. The battery life is much better, because Sprint is acting as an intermediary.
    I cannot archive email though.
    Marc, I too totally appreciate any effort you can put in on this.

I've been holding out on a new treo, with the hope that Chatter replaces Versamail in the ROM... *fingers crossed*
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet View Post
    Marc, I too totally appreciate any effort you can put in on this.
    Ditto.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Whats the difference between using the Sprint Mobile email with Gmail POP or IMAP?

Quote Originally Posted by evandena View Post
    I am trying IMAP Gmail with Sprint Mobile Email. The battery life is much better, because Sprint is acting as an intermediary.
    I cannot archive email though.
    I was able to download the folders in Sprint email using IMAP. Where you can't with POP. It's a pretty slick program to be free. If Seven would provide full exchange, and HTML support with it, it would destroy all others.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    In Gmail, IMAP folders are really the Labels?

How do you use them personally because I can't figure out the benefit. I use the Sprint Email Program to check multiple other areas, including the Yahoo one that I backup all of my GMAIL to.

Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I was able to download the folders in Sprint email using IMAP. Where you can't with POP. It's a pretty slick program to be free. If Seven would provide full exchange, and HTML support with it, it would destroy all others.
    I wasn't sure about that whole label thing either.
    Matty
    Labels = IMAP folders

There is a description of the GMAIL behaviors for certain actions on their website.
    Sprint Treos 300->600->650->700p
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
    ATT Galaxy Skyrocket (current)
    I anticipate a new version of ChatterEmail in the near future with better Gmail/IMAP support (fixing HTML, Blackberry, and attachment issues). www.chatteremailforum.com might be a good place to check for updates.

Marc
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Awesome! Thanks Marc
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    Thanks.

BTW - the link didnt work for me, but I will see it here. Any timetable you think? Less or more than a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    I anticipate a new version of ChatterEmail in the near future with better Gmail/IMAP support (fixing HTML, Blackberry, and attachment issues). www.chatteremailforum.com might be a good place to check for updates.

Marc
    Days, probably.

Marc
    Bow to the Chatter master! Sweet, thanks Marc! I'm sure it took some convincing to spring this update so fast...
    I'm happy to help to the extent I can make the time...

Marc
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast