Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Whoa - Versamail isn't supported? I thought it did IMAP as well as POP.

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=75726
    Has anybody tried it with Versamail yet? What exactly is broken with it?

I'm still waiting for my account to get converted to allow IMAP access...
    There is another thread on TC where people are saying it is available. Check it out.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Could someone please post all the settings (or a screen-shot) of the Chatter settings page(s)?

Thanks.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
    There is another thread on TC where people are saying it is available. Check it out.
    Well that was useful.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ChatterEmail says:
    "This mailbox is communicating securely using the Palm OS' SSL library. Background operations are not supported, so mail will stop being received when you leave ChatterEmail."

Does this mean push isn't working?
    Is there a way not to use Palm's SSL library?
    Make sure in Chatter you use Generic IMAP, in IMAP settings check off SSL, in SMTP settings check off SSL, also make sure your email settings are:
    xxx@gmail.com for both IMAP & SMTP settings. That should be it, that worked for me.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Oops, most important! Make sure IN your Gmail account you go to your settings, then POP/Fowarding/IMAP, & enable IMAP.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    In the server for the imap do I write 'imap.gmail.com' or 'imap.gmail.com:993'? I'm having trouble. It starts saying that I have 20 emails. It shows me 7 and then gets stuck at downloading the other 13.
    I just use imap.gmail.com and check SSL without specifying the port.
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    That's the way I have it. It's weird, it just downloads some emails but not all. Then it keeps saying 'connect' at the bottom right but nothing.
    You need 3.0.9 if you're trying to use Gmail with IMAP.

Marc
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatter View Post
    You need 3.0.9 if you're trying to use Gmail with IMAP.

Marc
    Ok I just tried that. I upgraded to 3.0.9 but still the same thing. It starts to do download the emails. It only downloads 7 emails and then it gets stuck. Then it'll keep saying at the bottom right "Login.." and the mailbox icon with 13 messages. Any other suggestions?
    Maybe send a log to support@chatteremail.com and I'll take a look. I can imagine a number of possibilities.

Marc
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Maybe send a log to support@chatteremail.com and I'll take a look. I can imagine a number of possibilities.

Marc
    Sorry to sound ignorant, but how do I do a log of chatter?
    Quote Originally Posted by diamondsw View Post
    Whoa - Versamail isn't supported? I thought it did IMAP as well as POP.

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=75726
    Bump - Versamail, has anyone gotten it to work with Versamail?
    VersaMail isn't compatible with Gmail at the moment... I would expect an update at some point, though.

Marc
    VersaMail isn't compatible with Gmail at the moment... I would expect an update at some point, though.

Marc
    But that's the thing - why not? Assuming IMAP is IMAP, of course. I find it very odd that GMail specifically called out VersaMail as incompatible, whereas I would think if their IMAP implementation is standard (their POP implementation was hackish beyond all get out), it would work.

But, I guess I'll know as soon as they enable my account.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I still cannot receive email outside of chatter.
    I have the account setup correctly.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast