1.    #1  
    I got my centro last night, inserted and charged the battery without problem. However, today Opera mini crashed the centro, and finding that the reset button has been removed, I tried to remove the battery. I found myself totally unable. Nothing I do seems to make any difference, and the manual is completely unhelpful. With a flat-head screwdriver I was able to break the contact (restarting the phone), but I was not able to actually get the battery out.

Do I have a defective unit, or is this a design flaw?
    "Matters of great concern should be taken lightly, matters of small concern should be taken seriously."
    -ancient chinese adage
    my is nice and easy, probably not a design flaw
    Quote Originally Posted by mwylde View Post
    I got my centro last night, inserted and charged the battery without problem. However, today Opera mini crashed the centro, and finding that the reset button has been removed, I tried to remove the battery. I found myself totally unable. Nothing I do seems to make any difference, and the manual is completely unhelpful. With a flat-head screwdriver I was able to break the contact (restarting the phone), but I was not able to actually get the battery out.

Do I have a defective unit, or is this a design flaw?
    A lot of people have had problems with the battery cover.

Note that the cover grasps the body on the sides, not on the back, so pressing the middle won't help as you try to slide it off.
    It can be wedged in there pretty good. The problem with prying it with a screwdriver is the screwdriver is thick and wedges it tigher.

Someone posted a tip.

He attached a piece of tape to one side of the battery and then left it stick way out and doubled it over on itself...creating something to yank on to pull it out. The tape is fairly thin and pulling on it doesn't push the battery in tighter.