Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I just purchased a 2008 Toyota Avalon with Bluetooth. When I try to pair with the Treo 700P, the car does not find the Treo . I tried pairing with my neighbors $49.00 Nokia and the car instantly recognized the device. Has anyone had experience with pairing a late model Toyota and a 700P?
    I have successfully paired my Treo 755p with my wife's new 2008 Toyota Highlander's BT Handsfree system. The only trouble it gave me was the first time I set up the connection the Handsfree didn't find my Treo until I went on the Treo and manually connected to it after setting up the pairing. Don't know if the BT on the Avalon is the same as the Highlander or not.
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crocostimpy View Post
    I have successfully paired my Treo 755p with my wife's new 2008 Toyota Highlander's BT Handsfree system. The only trouble it gave me was the first time I set up the connection the Handsfree didn't find my Treo until I went on the Treo and manually connected to it after setting up the pairing. Don't know if the BT on the Avalon is the same as the Highlander or not.
    To sorta thread Hijack....

Just got a new 2008 Highlander. It def doesn't pair correctly to my Verizon 700p. I went through the pairing process and the Highlander gave me the passcode and I searched on the 700p, found the Highlander and entered the passcode. The 700p wa ssatisfied that it wa spaired, but the Highlander still kept saying searching. If I left it at that, it eventually timed out, and failed.

What I got to sorta work was after I entered the passcode and the 700p thought it was paired, but the Highlander kept saying searching, I made a call with the 700p and it came out through the Highlander and it was sorta paired.

By Sorta: ~60% when I make a call from the 700p itself, the Highlsnder connects and I can talk through the Highlander. Everytime I make a call initiated form the Highlander, the call is dialed, but it is immediately dropped from the Highlander, the radio comes back on and the call continues through the phones built in speaker and mic.

So this is a barely workable solution.

crocostimpy, or anyone else, how did you get the 755p to pair and does it work better than my crappy setup right now? I think if I can get it to pair properly it may work better.

Thanx
    My first attempt was pretty much what you described. After entering the passcode on the Treo, it said it was paired but the Highlander kept saying "searching". I gave up, then read somewhere that you may need to manually connect from the Treo. So I went back through the whole process and when the Highlander was sitting there yammering "searching", I went to Trusted Devices on the Treo BT screen, selected the Highlander, hit the Menu button and Connect. Voila!!! Everything was happy and I could make or receive calls no problem. Now if I could just figure out how to transfer my phone numbers to the Highlander, I'd be doing handsprings. I must say I'm no fan of the voice interface, I just can't get over feeling stupid talking to a car.
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I also had to force the Avalon to pair by making a call. It has worked great every since. Has anyone figured out how to upload phone numbers to the Toyota?