1.    #1  
    We have several hundred users on GMM across all brands of Cingular/ATT devices. We are still running 4.9.3.21 because no upgrade since has been stable enough to warrant our IT team to switch. We were a part of the 5.0 beta and found that there were various different issues across the different handsets. We will not try 5.0 again until we see an incremental upgrade.

Is anyone else still running this version? The worst bugs/thougtlessness in this version are the button hijack and autostart. We have been able to get around the button issue by using AE Button Plus. Its settings are persistent and supercede GMM's. But the autostart is really killing us as we have tried to add new software to the phone. Now we constantly get "out of memory" errors because you can only truly stop GMM for a few minutes at a time before it decides to autostart again. Has anyone found a good workaround for this?
    We still use 4.9.3.21 for our standard rollout, even though we've upgraded to 5.0. We selectively upgrade users to 5.0 to see how they like it.

The incremental upgrade was to be released by december (per good guy).

I believe 4.9.3.34 solved the autostart issue and a reprov issue for the palm platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    We are still running 4.9.3.21 because no upgrade since has been stable enough to warrant our IT team to switch...
    But the autostart is really killing us as we have tried to add new software to the phone. Now we constantly get "out of memory" errors because you can only truly stop GMM for a few minutes at a time before it decides to autostart again. Has anyone found a good workaround for this?
    Same story here. We are either running .21 or .34. A few of us had 5.0 pushed to us. While it is a great improvement over the 4.9 versions it still has too many issues for the casual user to overcome. While some handsets had no major problems, others had consistent issues with the install, memory issues after the install, slow performance and some freezing. Not ready for prime time.

As far as autostart I don't think you can do anything to stop it that won't mess up your GMM service. Due to Good's architecture you never really shut it off. They just fool you into thinking you shut it down because the GoodApp.exe temporarily shuts down. However there are 2 GMM services that always run at startup and stay active in the background on your device (GLLauncherSrv and GLPhoneSrv). There may be others but these are the two that I see in Memmaid. I believe they may be responsible for waking GMM up every 5 minutes and restarting GoodApp.exe.

So pick your poison - 5.0, .34 or .21
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT