Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    How Much Power Does IR Off Save.? I usually leave it on..But having it off how much power do I save..

Thanks
    Police Officer: Sir, your eyes are red, are you drunk?

Drunk Driver: Officer, have you been eating donuts, your eyes are glazed?
    I don't know if anyone has ever quantified this beyond just "seems to make a difference." It's certainly not anywhere remotely close to the difference you see by turning Bluetooth off. However, with a battery as small as the Centro's, every little bit helps.

The biggest drain on battery life *seems* to be having push e-mail enabled on e-mail accounts set up with the Sprint Mobile e-mail app.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    I use battery graph and can tell you that unless you are beaming or receiving turning off the IR makes no noticeable difference in battery life.

8/10 people on this board think that the IR does effect battery life. My guess is that most are just parroting what they read here but some may have actually experienced a battery drain. My theroy is that there must be some sloppy 3rd party apps that incorrectly access the IR and therefore run down the battery.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011