Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Three Questions:

1. Is there any disadvantage of going with a MicroSD card with a MiniSD adaptor (as in the SanDisk 2GB set) for the 755p, rather than just a MiniSD card?

2. same as above, but comparing the advantages/disadvantages of the 4GB MiniSDHC card vs. the MicroSDHC -> MiniSDHC adaptor...

3. Any idea if the SanDisk 6GB MicroSDHC (with MiniSDHC adaptor) will work with the 755p? I know that palm says it takes a max of 4GB, but the 6GB wasn't available at the time...

Thanks!
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
    the only advantage of the micro to mini adpator is flexibility in terms of future phones... i mean, in probably 2 years or less, you'll want to switch to another phone (the new Plinux Treo perhaps) and who knows what type of SD card it will have...

if you plan on keeping your phone for the entire 2 years of the contract, i dont see any reason NOT to just get a plain miniSD...

As for me, i went with the micro-Mini SD route... i know when Palm comes out with that new Treo i probably switch phones... so the adaptor kit is a better investment for me at the moment.
    I am using the micro in a mini adapter SanDisk 2GB, as well, as this is what my Sprint Store sells. I figured the same thing, if my next phone uses a micro, I will be all set. I have 3 micro 2GB cards. One is my main card (with some music), one is my movie card and one is music card. I have found the 2GBs to be very stable. I initially had issues with 4GB minis in my 755p.

Another reason I have bought my cards at the Sprint store is for service after the sale. As I have bought my phones and the cards there -- if something goes astray -- they have been the provider of both.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Thanks very much. Any info/feedback on the SanDisk 6GB microSDHC working with the 755p?
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X