Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BCVP View Post
    The silicone skins are the only ones that cover the aluminum. Something I didn't realize at first and thought it offered more protection including water resistance maybe? Does aluminum get finger abrasion?
    Yeah, I've experienced that most matte/satin metal surfaces are prone to wear, especially with the finger oils that begin to eat away at the surface.

Actually, I'm not sure if the Centro buttons are metal or plastic. (Anyone?) If plastic, then the silver paint will definitely wear away over time.

I hope that the full body film vendors design films for these high wear areas. If they make form fitting films for the iPod Nano touch wheel and center disc, I don't see why they can't do the same for the Treos or Centros.
  2. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    My guess is bec of the open areas between buttons on this versus the apple products. There's nowhere for the liquid to run on those phones and there's lots of places on this one.
    I was thinking along those lines too and how it would be likely to peel off. Another reason to get the silicone skins, just not mine!
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    Here are the pics...one of the front, one of the back and an angle view of the top. As I said before, you really can't tell that it is installed - you can see the finish of the InvisibleShield on the picture of the back view, and you can see an edge of the InvisibleShield in the angle view in the grey area:
    Nice work. Did you install the invisible shield screen protector? If so, did you experience any further difficulty in doing so as compared to the rest of the shield?

Some Centro users have posted problems using a third party screen protector on top of the 'built in' screen protector. See this thread for further details.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tien View Post
    Nice work. Did you install the invisible shield screen protector? If so, did you experience any further difficulty in doing so as compared to the rest of the shield?

Some Centro users have posted problems using a third party screen protector on top of the 'built in' screen protector. See this thread for further details.
    I did not install the screen protector supplied with my InvisibleShield because I had already installed the one I got from Seidio. My suspicion is that you just need to be careful and have patience removing them as not to disturb the permanent one. I have owned a Treo 600, 650 and 700p prior to this and I never had to remove a screen protector that I installed, so I am not too worried about it. I guess I am very careful with my devices...plus I have insurance for something really going bad.
    Anyway, back on topic, I like the slick finish as it slips into my front jeans pocket more easily than a matte finish object would. I don't want anything on it to inhibit that.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Slips just fine in and out of my jeans pockets with the InvisibleShield on.
  8. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    heythe pics aren't working anymore...can you repost them or email them to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc View Post
    I have the full-body invisibleshield on my Centro and I love it. Protects it from scratches and also gives it of a tacky feel instead of being so slippery.

http://www.shieldzone.com/

I hear they offer 40% off randomly during December. Can someone let us know when it happens?
    Last edited by caseyatbt; 11/18/2007 at 10:27 PM.
    id say buy a case i have the body glove case like it droped my phone and it always ends up finding the rubber and never messes anything up and is very padded but not to thick
    <a href="http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=22671">Deep Discounts and Great Selection on Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint/Nextel</a>

CENTRO FREE w/new contract!! Free Shipping

<a href="http://www.tmiwireless.com/affiliate/?aid=22671">Join the tmiWireless.com cell phone affiliate program and earn excellent commissions on 2 tiers. You get a free personalized website, 24/7 statistics and reporting, and residual income on some products.</a>

http://www.famouswireless.net
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ame View Post
    heythe pics aren't working anymore...can you repost them or email them to me?
    The pics should be working still...try again to see them.
  12. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Nope still not loading. I get big red Xs. I even went to the links you had them on and those won't load either.
    i see pics
    <a href="http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=22671">Deep Discounts and Great Selection on Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint/Nextel</a>

CENTRO FREE w/new contract!! Free Shipping

<a href="http://www.tmiwireless.com/affiliate/?aid=22671">Join the tmiWireless.com cell phone affiliate program and earn excellent commissions on 2 tiers. You get a free personalized website, 24/7 statistics and reporting, and residual income on some products.</a>

http://www.famouswireless.net
    How much of the corner is covered with the invisibleshield?
    Perodic,

How many skin pieces did you get for the Centro?

I received eleven and Zagg says I should have received 13.

Did you get a diagram on where to put the pieces? I had trouble figuring out where some of them were supposed to go.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I got 11 pieces just like you and I had no diagram to go by. I just figured it out by the placement they had them on the sheets.
    Thanks for the reply! I wonder if the KIT contains 13 pieces with the squeegee and spray? Their email support seems pretty unresponsive. I am disappointed with the lack of coverage around most of the corners.

Supposedly they are sending me another set (even though I requested a diagram of the pieces that should have been included to see if I did recieve the correct parts).

The bodyguardz shield looks like it covers a bunch more of the corners. I will probably return the Invsible shield.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I am sure that they both will serve the purpose well...if you feel more covered by the bodyguardz then I would go with them. I have three devices with InvisibleShield on them and I have had great success. I just went with what I knew worked well for me.
    I too bought a single eGrip Treads and installed it on the read or the Centro. It works pretty well in keeping the phone in place on my lap while driving an makes it easier to rtrieve from my pocket. Oh yes, it does make it a snap to take remove the battery cover.

Better would be a repalcement battery cover that was coated with the soft touch paint as on other smartphones. That would work perfectly for gripping and still let it slide easily into your pocket.

Hey Seidio, Just come out with the back cover and it will sell!
    Here is what I did with my TREO 700wx and intend to do the same with my SERO/Centro battery cover... Go to any large hardware store that sells paint and find the following. Remember the paint that used to be on late night TV that you can dip the handles of your rubberless tools in to coat them in rubber? Well, they now make the same type of "rubberized" paint in a spray can. Buy the spray rubber paint and take off the battery cover of your Centro (or any phone with a removable battery cover) and spray it several times building up the rubber coating. I would recommend prepping the cover by using some sandpaper to remove the finish. After the process is done it should leave you with a non-slip rubberized grip backing that you can leave on any surface without sliding and greatly improve the way you hold your phone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast