Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    About once a week, I turn on my 700p and see that it's hung up in the Phone Updater app. If I let it "set up my phone for Vision Services" (which it has been since April) it gets to "Preparing Vision services" and hangs. If I don't let it try setup, it seems to work ok. I've had the basic Power Vision plan since before April.

Any idea where this is coming from or how I can stop it? Thanks!
    Last edited by martinp13; 10/22/2007 at 11:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    This has been happening to me too. I noticed if AFTER I updated to the Sprint MR 1.10 (SD card). What can be done about it?
    Motorola StarTAC and Palm Vx => Treo 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700p => Treo 727.5 (thanks to kocoman)
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I don't know... if I could find the Phone Updater app, I'd try to run it myself and see if it could complete. Or just get rid of it (since I obviously already have Power Vision services set up).
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    The updater is manually accessed by going into the phone app and typing ##3282# (##DATA#). Then accessing the Data => Update Vision Profile menu. There is no way to get rid of the program.

My problem (and I assume the OP's) is that the updater program will run and is discovered when I turn on my Treo. Unless I reset the Treo it will be very sluggish and the phone app will be hang after each push of a phone button or tap on the screen.
    Motorola StarTAC and Palm Vx => Treo 300 => Treo 600 => Treo 650 => Treo 700p => Treo 727.5 (thanks to kocoman)
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
    My problem (and I assume the OP's) is that the updater program will run and is discovered when I turn on my Treo. Unless I reset the Treo it will be very sluggish and the phone app will be hang after each push of a phone button or tap on the screen.
    You assume correctly. If I do a soft reset, all is good (until it happens again).
    this means you have a post mr treo. this means you are dropping the sprint network, and losing your provisioning. palm fixed the network drops for vzw, but has done nothing for the sprint side. this was the reason they released an updated mr for vzw.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm seeing the problem now as well (on my post MR Sprint 700p). I get the "Preparing Vision Services" box and it hangs. A reset resolves things until the next time...
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    My 755p will drop the network up to 10 times a day. I see the connecting to powervision screen, all through the day. It has to do with the newer roms, and a qualcomm demand for authenication with the network. After being connected for a while the Treo will generate a wrong number, and will not authenicate. Then the phones radio will reset, to generate the correct number, that is when you see the powervision screen.
    Matty