1.    #1  
    The USB cable end that plugs into the phone has on each side angled v shaped metal things. Evidently they are meant to hold the cable securely in the phone so it's not accidentally removed, but when removing the cable, it seems weird that I have to pull so hard.

I'm afraid to damage it. Other devices that have similar things have pressure sensitive points on the sides so that one pressed to move the metal things in, then pulled the cable out easily.

Am I just being paranoid? Is it ok to have to pull hard to remove the cable? The power cable doesn't have pronounced v shaped metal things. They are more rounded so the cable removes easily.

Thanks in advance for any comments..
    David
    it seems somewhat difficult to me as well...
    what I do to disconnect it is pull out one side and then the other. it seems to work pretty well for me and doesn't seem like it'll break that way
    It is very annoying, the usb syncing cable for my palm T|X isn't this tight, and it can be used on centro too, so Im using it most of the time instead of the one came with centro.

I also bought a Seidio USB charger, which plugs into the power port, rather than syncing port. it won't be here til friday tho.
    Be careful with those (athena) connectors. I have had 3 650 and 2 700p, they are ALWAYS very fragile. I suggestion you use the regular charger if you don't need to sync the phone. In fact I only use it once a month to prevent further damage of the connector.
    Having owned many Treo's I'm actually glad the connection is so tight on this device. What I've found is that if one of the two sides doesn't grip enough, then all the pins wont connect or line up (causing hotsyncs to fail). As long as you pull straight out and don't bend to either side, you should be fine. Expect this to wear down a bit as time goes on.

Come to think of it, I'm probably not using the same cable as you guys, I have a sync/charge cable from my old phone...
    Well I have owned 600's, 650's, and a 700p. Never had one problem with any of the connectors. IMO, they are not fragile at all. I sync 4-8 times a day and have been for many years. The centro cable is just brand new. Once it has been connected and disconneced serveral dozen times it will loosen right up and will feel the same as the rest of your Palm cables.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    The connector is stiff with the Centro but as you plug it in a few times, you'll notice it loosens up a bit.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I also bought a Seidio USB charger, which plugs into the power port, rather than syncing port. it won't be here til friday tho.
    Do you have a link to that? I looked on the Seido site, but the only ones I saw had the full Athena conector, not just the power port.
    Quote Originally Posted by porkozone View Post
    Do you have a link to that? I looked on the Seido site, but the only ones I saw had the full Athena conector, not just the power port.
    I bought it from here at treocentral store
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../5-19--338.htm
    Sweet, I hadn't seen those before. Thanks!