Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Sometimes when I plug my 755p in overnight to charge, it goes from RED to GREEN but then sometimes it goes completely off by morning, it this normal?
    I never noticed that until recently - it happens about 15% of the time to me - I just unplug it and plug it back in - I originaly thought maybe I have a bum charger or battery - hoping it is not the phone. :-(
    This happens on my 700p also when I stream net radio with pTunes when the charger is attached to the 700p.

A few minutes after I disconnect the pTunes stream, the charge LED returns to normal. In my case, I am sure pTunes is tickling something in the OS.

You may have an app doing the same thing.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    hmmm, so I guess it is a "feature"? Has anyone called Palm on this?
    The only times I've seen this behavior was when the device shifted slightly off the charger (perhaps it wasn't solidly attached?). Next time it happens, try pushing in on the charge cable just to be sure it's not a loose or weak connection.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    When the light goes off, does the screen still indicate charging? (lightning bolt icon over the battery in the phone app...)
    I have started to experience finicky charging contacts when i plug my 755p into my innodock or a standard usb cable with hotsync button. It is frustrating as unless u cram the treo down into the innodock/cable,..it wont charge right nor hot sync.

When I use the standalone charging cable from a wall/car charger there is no issue.

I suspect it may be a repeative motion design flaw on the treo 755p terminals that is getting worse for me.....and it sounds like others too. Too bad this unit is only 3 mos old. I may have to swap this one soon if it gets worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk444 View Post
    When the light goes off, does the screen still indicate charging? (lightning bolt icon over the battery in the phone app...)
    yes it does.
    yep.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I just figured it was charged when the light went out.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway