Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I sync with Outlook 2003 and I notice that most (if not all) my "repeating" appointments do now show up in Palm calendar. Should they?

If its a software reliability issue, should I be using a 3rd part ap?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotkey View Post
    I sync with Outlook 2003 and I notice that most (if not all) my "repeating" appointments do now show up in Palm calendar. Should they?

If its a software reliability issue, should I be using a 3rd part ap?
    You may want to try setting up your calendar again.
    I set up mine to work with exchange server 2003 and it has captured every one of them. In fact I have a contract with a 5 year life span and numerous repeating meetings. It shows every one of them.
    Do yours show up on the desktop
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald600 View Post
    You may want to try setting up your calendar again.
    I set up mine to work with exchange server 2003 and it has captured every one of them. In fact I have a contract with a 5 year life span and numerous repeating meetings. It shows every one of them.
    Do yours show up on the desktop
    Mine do show up in Outlook on my PC (not using exchange server though - this is a home PC). And I actually thought when I first got the phone 2 weeks ago, all of these meetings showed up but can't be sure.

How would I go about "setting up my calendar" again?
    I would try to have your computer overwrite your handheld on the next sync. See if that fixes things.

What happens if you create a repeating event on your treo? Does it show correctly? Does it sync correctly in Outlook?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    I would try to have your computer overwrite your handheld on the next sync. See if that fixes things.

What happens if you create a repeating event on your treo? Does it show correctly? Does it sync correctly in Outlook?
    OK will do.

Seems to.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    There are certain repeat event that do not show up in Palm, if the repeating rule in Outlook is something non-typical, i.e. an event that repeats the fourth-friday of the month which the conduit doesn't know how to translate into Palm's lingo. That could be a possible explanation. I had that problem with an entry that was supposed to happen the last Friday of every month but the Hotsync conduit wouldn't post it.

Before forcing overwritting your calendar, I'd clean all calendar entries in Palm, even go as far as do a hard-reset. Then when re-syncing, I'd force the PC to overwrite the handheld. That way you make sure the device is blank and for whatever calendar entry that doesn't make it, you can re-check the repeating rule and may need to adjust to something hotsync can understand.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    OK - Thx.