Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm looking to upgrade from a 650 and I've been looking at the 700p, 700wx and 755 models and can't decide which way to go. I'm interested in getting Sprint TV so I don't think the 700wx is an option. I'm curious as to hear from those who have used the 700p whether they're satisified, what they don't like about it, and whether or not they would go with the 700p or 755p.

Any info would be great, thanks.
    If I were you, I wouldn'd even bother with any of those you mentioned. I'd go witht he Centro.

It does everything the 700p 755p does and faster. (don't know anything about the 700wx)

There are several threads on the Centro. With a 2 yr contract from Sprint you can get it for $99.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I agreet with TT but just to stress, don't go with a 700P. If you like teh Centro (size, etc.) it would be first. If you just don't want the smaller screen and keyboard of the Centro, go with the 755P. There is just no reason to get a 700P at this point.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Hi,

I hear great things about the Centro as well. In response to your question, though, I'm a heavy user of the 700p & love it!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    If I were you, I wouldn'd even bother with any of those you mentioned. I'd go witht he Centro.

It does everything the 700p 755p does and faster. (don't know anything about the 700wx)

There are several threads on the Centro. With a 2 yr contract from Sprint you can get it for $99.

Good Luck
    I read somewhere that it does not have SD card?
    Yeah....

I agree with teH Tiger. Go with a Centro.

I have used a 650 and 700p on Sprint with great success. I have a 700p currently being used and I am not ready to part with it yet.

I just traded my 650 in for a Centro. It is a really nice phone and I am glad I got it.

It is really an improvement over the currently available Treo phones.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    From what I understand, it uses a miniSD card.

Quote Originally Posted by hotkey View Post
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Since you've used the 700p can I ask what the biggest problems you experienced with it were? And what you think the improvements are in the Centro?

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Yeah....

I agree with teH Tiger. Go with a Centro.

I have used a 650 and 700p on Sprint with great success. I have a 700p currently being used and I am not ready to part with it yet.

I just traded my 650 in for a Centro. It is a really nice phone and I am glad I got it.

It is really an improvement over the currently available Treo phones.

Quote Originally Posted by hotkey View Post
    It uses the micro card. It's tiny buy my friend bought the 2 gig for $35 from the Sprint store. I set up everything for her and had BackupMan back up everying to the micro card with no issues.

The micro card came with a mini adaptor and a SD adapter.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by greyserf View Post
    Since you've used the 700p can I ask what the biggest problems you experienced with it were? And what you think the improvements are in the Centro?
    I have never had any big problems with the Sprint 700p. I never had the "lag" issue, texting issue or freeze ups. It was never crash prone. It always read the SD card and always read the SD card from my 650 as well read the other 6 SD cards I use with it. I guess that might put me in the minority when you read other 700p posts.

Bluetooth was improved with the installation of the Maintenance Release.

The only minor problem I had was the web would disconnect and reconnect a few times. It finally occured to me that I could eliminate the web reconnections by dialiing ##3836# in the phone app and default the connection to 1X. This worked since the phone radio will try to find EVDO in auto mode when the EVDO connection was bad.

My 700p has been extremely good.

The Centro has a smaller form factor and lighter. Also the smaller 320 x 320 screen has better colors. The operating system is improved over the 700p as far as speed and stability.

The default browser, Blazer is improved and a lot faster. Exiting Blazer is extremely fast. The Centro already has pTunes 4.0.4 deluxe in the ROM. So there is no need to upgrade for a fee.

Bluetooth appears be improved over the 650 and 700p. I have not had any BT connection drop outs yet.

It has about the same internal memory as the 700p. The external memory is only limited by the size and number of expansion cards as on the 700p.

Overall, I am impressed with the Centro.

Quote Originally Posted by greyserf View Post
    From what I understand, it uses a miniSD card.
    The Centro uses a micro SD card. This is smaller than a mini SD card.

I'd consider the Centro too.

I went from the 650->700 and it's been good. A few UI quirks that drive me insane - and the ergonomics of the 650 were better.

But i'd get the 755 or the Centro in your position!
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way