1.    #1  
    Hi guys,
    I just bought a treo 680, unlocked and unbranded on ebay. It doesn't come with the software cd, so the guy gave a link to a treo website that I would be able to download software from. However when I go to the site given it says:

"Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager
    A web downloadable version of Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager is not available for Treo 680 smartphones at this time. Please install the Palm applications from the software CD included with your smartphone."

Any sugguestions? I'm planning on using either isync or missing sync in the long run, but do I need the hotsync manager from palm?

Second thing is I'd like to know just how well pockettunes works on the 680 in terms of playlists and such. Can someone point me towards an end user's review of the software? I'm trying to see how it'll stack up against an ipod or the like.

Thanks,
    Jason
  2.    #2  
    I'm also wondering if this 8gb card will work. I'm on a Mac so I'd be using the card reader to fill it up with aac music from itunes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adata-8Gb-8G-8-G...QQcmdZViewItem

Should I use a card reader on USB or should I just use the sync cable?

Is there anything I have to do to the treo or the card or should it just work out of the gate?
    Last edited by jasonbishop73; 10/21/2007 at 09:15 PM. Reason: chage to addy add...
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbishop73 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I just bought a treo 680, unlocked and unbranded on ebay. It doesn't come with the software cd, so the guy gave a link to a treo website that I would be able to download software from. However when I go to the site given it says:

"Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager
    A web downloadable version of Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager is not available for Treo 680 smartphones at this time. Please install the Palm applications from the software CD included with your smartphone."

Any sugguestions? I'm planning on using either isync or missing sync in the long run, but do I need the hotsync manager from palm?

Second thing is I'd like to know just how well pockettunes works on the 680 in terms of playlists and such. Can someone point me towards an end user's review of the software? I'm trying to see how it'll stack up against an ipod or the like.

Thanks,
    Jason
    you can get palm desktop from another country's palm site.. not the US one, don't know why. try the malaysian site.

pocket tunes vs. a dedicated portable mp3 player.. my 2 cents : i don't think there's really any comparison. sound quality wise, the treo 680 is pretty poor.. more than adequate for some casual mp3 listening, but something like an ipod takes it down.. easily.. plus there's battery life to consider..

hope it helps
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonbishop73 View Post
    I'm also wondering if this 8gb card will work. I'm on a Mac so I'd be using the card reader to fill it up with aac music from itunes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Adata-8Gb-8G-8-G...QQcmdZViewItem

Should I use a card reader on USB or should I just use the sync cable?

Is there anything I have to do to the treo or the card or should it just work out of the gate?
    yeah it works right outta the box, i have something similar.

usb reader beats the sync cable in terms of speed, if u're gonna do lotsa file transferring eg. movies it's best to get a card reader.. be careful though not all card readers support sdhc.. the kingston one is a good bet, albeit slightly more $$$ than other brands
  5.    #5  
    Well that's good to know. I don't think I'm too much of an audiophile so I'll give it a swing. Worse case scenario is I've got a new phone! I'll be grabbing that card here in a week or so.
    Make certain your card reader is SDHC capable! Many are not compatible with SDHC type cards such as your 8gb SD card
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    missing sync is amazing for the Treo...!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+